cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every Little doesn't always Help

Fixes: 125

Every Little doesn't always Help

'Theft by finding': Woman who took potato waffles and pies thrown out by Tesco is handcuffed and cha...
A woman was handcuffed and 'treated like a hardened criminal' after she helped herself to food worth £200  that had been thrown away by a Tesco store following a power cut.

If they did handcuff her that's a little over the top - but, technically, it was still theft.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Every Little doesn't always Help

See I disagree with that. If its thrown out its unwanted. It's not really honest to then turn around and claim a theft because you wanted it is it.
What Tesco really meant is "We would of rather had the money than give away spoiled food".
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Every Little doesn't always Help

On Sunday there was the first episode of The People's Supermarket on Channel 4. To raise cash to launch a community-owned supermarket folks  had a fund-raising dinner made entirely from stuff  "liberated" from major supermarkets' waste bins. I expect more people will be tempted to try this given the quality of the stuff chucked out.
Available to watch on 4oD. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-peoples-supermarket