cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever had one of those years? - Share your tale.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Ever had one of those years? - Share your tale.

This year has been pretty **** for me and although I'm gratefully still here I still seem to be going through the wringer lol
First I had elective surgery for a urological problem I'd suffered with for years. That went wrong. Ended up with my guts exploding internally in the middle of the night, big operation to put that right which messed me up for around 4 months..
Then something else medical went wrong (I'll spare you the gruesome details) and I'll need an op or two for that..
Then the original problem started to come back  Roll eyes
Then an ear infection, a week later another in the same ear..
Then something went drastically wrong at an x-ray... result was blood everywhere.. (the trust even installed extra witnesses -6 staff instead of 3 to protect themselves who then witnessed it all go wrong)  Shocked
Then the NHS trust decided they wanted to wriggle out of helping me, consultant has palmed me off to someone else (mind you I did say I had serious concerns about the x-ray which they dismissed)  Roll eyes
Then another ear infection, went away, came back again..
and now I've got a bl**dy eye infection  Angry
/rant
Here's to 2014!!!  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Ever had one of those years? - Share your tale.

Sorry to hear about all your problems.
I Don't wish to make light of them but consider the following newspaper report,
Danielle Uren believes her son Mackenzie Cackett might be still alive had it not been for mistakes in his diagnosis and treatment.
Mackenzie died of a brain tumour in May last year after enduring a series of lengthy delays and blunders in his treatment at Colchester General Hospital.
The hospital's trust has been reported to the police after staff complained of a cover-up in which they said they were "pressured or bullied" into falsifying data relating to cancer patients.
Health watchdog the Care Quality Commission (CQC) contacted Essex Police after finding that it appeared data was altered to meet crucial targets.
Miss Uren, from Halstead, Essex, said: "It has been such a difficult time. We knew there was something wrong but we were ignored and that may have cost our son his life.
"So it didn't come as a big surprise to me that there could be a wider scandal. It's so shocking the amount of people that have been affected but I'm not surprised as it couldn't just have been us who have had such appalling treatment and gone through such a terrible experience."
"I just feel like no-one has been held accountable and all we have received are just feeble apologies. No-one has been put through disciplinary action, no-one has lost their job. We have lost our son but the people who are responsible are just able to carry on with their lives as normal and it doesn't seem fair. We just want justice.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Sorry to hear about all your problems.
I Don't wish to make light of them but consider the following newspaper report,

I wasn't trying to make an issue.. but I figured others out there might be going through a rought time and might be comforted knowing they're not the only ones. When I posted I could barely keep my eye open and yes I was feeling real grumpy lol. I must admit though I was looking to hear some other peoples tales of what life had thrown at them - anything from the serious to the silly.
Quote from: gleneagles
Danielle Uren believes her son Mackenzie Cackett might be still alive had it not been for mistakes in his diagnosis and treatment.
Mackenzie died of a brain tumour in May last year after enduring a series of lengthy delays and blunders in his treatment at Colchester General Hospital.
The hospital's trust has been reported to the police after staff complained of a cover-up in which they said they were "pressured or bullied" into falsifying data relating to cancer patients.

I saw this on the TV last night and was utterly disgusted by it. The chairman of the trust apologised on TV despite having been given a 2nd chance previously to get things in order. Funny how he can apologise when he knows his job is on the line. Tw*t.
I'd really like to know why the NHS which is supposed to care for people can be so hostile towards the very people it's supposed to help?
shalom2010
Grafter

@7up - Best of health for 2014 - things have got to get better....at some point Smiley
Community Veteran

@7up, if you were a horse they would have shot you already.
2005 was a shit year for me
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oddball
@7up, if you were a horse they would have shot you already.

You mean Tesco'd  Cheesy
At least my eye is getting better.. you have no idea how much that was getting me down!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@7up - Best of luck for 2014 - things must improve.
1979 was a bad year for me, was in the Central African Republic, Southern Sudan, North Eastern Zaire, (looking for oil), it was International year of the child, Jean-Bédel Bokassa proclaimed himself emperor of the Republique Centrafricaine, and had (unbeknown to me) been caught with children's corpses in his kitchen fridge.
I was arrested in the Bangui Post office buying CAR International year of the child postage stamps and sticking them to Coronation post cards of Bokassa.
African prison, malaria, dysentery, cholera, company I was working for had gone into liquidation, no British representation in CAR.
it was not very nice.
To top it all I had to extend my visa every 8 days at the cost of 2000 francs.
Fixes: 125

@7up It certainly has been a tough year for you. I hope it improves dramatically for you next year.
1988 and 1992 were probably the worst for me.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
@7up - Best of luck for 2014 - things must improve.
1979 was a bad year for me, was in the Central African Republic, Southern Sudan, North Eastern Zaire, (looking for oil), it was International year of the child, Jean-Bédel Bokassa proclaimed himself emperor of the Republique Centrafricaine, and had (unbeknown to me) been caught with children's corpses in his kitchen fridge.
I was arrested in the Bangui Post office buying CAR International year of the child postage stamps and sticking them to Coronation post cards of Bokassa.
African prison, malaria, dysentery, cholera, company I was working for had gone into liquidation, no British representation in CAR.
it was not very nice.
To top it all I had to extend my visa every 8 days at the cost of 2000 francs.

Shocked
Sheesh thats really hard mate. Being stuck in a foreign land with all that going on and then slung in jail? Thats seriously nasty stuff.
Glad you got out eventually mate, I can't imagine what that would have been like.