Eurozone bail out funded by non-eurozone countries

2 REPLIES
WildRose52
Grafter

Re: Eurozone bail out funded by non-eurozone countries

Damned E.U.
I dont imagine they could have done this had Brown not signed Britain
up to that darn Lisbon Treaty.
No wonder Ireland fought to the death against it.
Brown denied us that chance.
SRD
Grafter

Re: Eurozone bail out funded by non-eurozone countries

Sorry to upset you folks, but it was the Brits who first insisted that all of Europe should be responsible for each others debts at a time when we were going through a particularly rough patch (long before the Euro), it was the Germans and French who said that there should be more personal (national) responsibility for individual nations, much as they have now except that, with the Euro under threat by speculators, they have to support the currency, not specifically those weaker nations that are most under threat.  Although it is possibly true that the pound is also under threat from the same sources that has more to do with unregulated international currency speculators who are looking for a devaluation to make profit from their short (or do I mean long, 'tis all one to me) selling.  Because of this we need to present a strong front and, because the recession has hit us less badly than most of the rest of the world (thanks to GB  incidentally but the Tory press would not have it so and, I would point out, that both Vince Cable and George Osborne are on record as saying that they would have done much the same), we have to be responsible and support our local (relatively) currencies simply to show strength when a run on European currencies would do us great damage.
Incidentally, did anyone take note when it was reported at the beginning of the week that the UK was the fourth major manufacturer by value in the world?  No?  I thought not, it wouldn't have suited the gloom mongers of the British Press to report such uplifting news.