cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurovision memories

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Eurovision memories

Those with longer memories of the Eurovision Song Contest will remember the delightful Katie Boyle who presented the contest for many years before the Wogan era.

Sadly she died yesterday 91. Apparently she apart from coming from European royalty had a hard upbringing from a pig of a father (he was executed during the second world war).

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Eurovision memories

Read after posting Katie Boyle was descended from an Italian Marquis, not quite royalty, more nobility.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 232

I remember her from her Eurovision presenting days but she only presented 4 in 60, 63, 68 and 74 (I remember '74 when ABBA won).

RIP

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Nothing sad about dying at the age of 91, I should be so lucky but yes, she seemed a delightful lady and I well remember her on that show. 

What different distant days they were. 

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.