cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Politicians

Community Veteran

European Politicians

What with all the fuss about Westminster politicians expenses, there is very little information around about the European elections which are only a few weeks away. Makes you wonder what that lots expenses accounts are like !
Very rarely do MEP's appear on TV/radio in the press to account for themselves.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: European Politicians

Totally agree - quite frankly I am so disillusioned that I don't feel like voting at all.
Like many other people, I expect that mine will be a protest vote. It will be interesting to see the outcome.
Community Veteran

I have had occasion to write to my several MEP's and I have to admit I got some fairly detailed replies from several of them.
They seem frustrated that the media reports so little of their work, just picking up on the jucy bits. And the BBC don't seem to show much of the EU parliament on the Parliament channel - or their "News" channel.
Community Veteran

Just not voting doesn't say anything.  It just plays in to the "people are too apathetic" camp.  Turn up and deliberately spoil your vote - that's a protest.
John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you think the English parliament expenses gravy train scandal is a sad matter, just try looking to see what some MEP's are up to...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Some of the MP's are Scottish  Wink
or hadn't you noticed Browns accent  Grin