cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Election

Fixes: 47

European Election

Ok, on the 22nd of May I can go and vote for an MEP.
Currently I'm firmly on the fence.
Every argument I have heard or read has sounded very convincing.
Looks like on the fence I shall remain.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
427 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: European Election

Quote from: Strat
Every argument I have heard or read has sounded very convincing.

Let me get this right,  you have listened to what some politicians have said and it "sounded very convincing"  Shocked
Was this after a visit from the campaign to legalize cannabis, handing out manifesto leaflets that could be rolled up and smoked ?  Wink
Community Veteran

@ Strat - I would be shocked if you had heard anything from you local candidates or could even name them.
I've found that one running here for UKIP has already tried running (unsuccessfully) for the Lib Dems and Tories in previous elections. Guess he couldn't make his mind up Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I agree 100%
Every argument I have heard has convinced me

That they are all a bunch of lying plonkers
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I think UKIP might well have a case - but  -
whether they do or not, they're getting my vote simply because I'm not voting for the other three -
and not voting is not an option - too many people have fought and died to give me that freedom.
Not young enough to know everything
Fixes: 47

Quote from: purleigh
Let me get this right,  you have listened to what some politicians have said and it "sounded very convincing"  Shocked

I have edited out the exaggerations and downright lies and what was left is quoted below

-------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Foresee
not voting is not an option - too many people have fought and died to give me that freedom.

It's a bit like a convicted murderer being given the death sentence and then offered the choice of execution between hanging, electrocution or lethal injection.
The end result is still the same.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Teds31
Grafter

Left the door open this morning and later found a UKIP pamphlet on the mat. Every one keep the doors closed.
Community Veteran

A while back I was heading out to put some rubbish in my bin when a cheery person walked up the path to tell me that NF was speaking locally in a few days time and inviting me to come along and listen.
I think he looked at my face and quickly marked me off as "perplexed" and a "no-show".
"Why on Earth would I want to do that and listen to a one-track loony with no real policies" probably contributed.......
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

whilst i'll happily toss UKIP an EU vote most of the time, I wouldn't waste council or general election ballots on them......
the problem as I see it is UKIP are a non entity who have only one purpose (to make someone give the UK a referendum on being part of the EU fiasco) but there clearly full of fringe loonies without a coherent idea on running a country (which is rather similar to the labour party's track record)  which leaves me with council elections being either tory or libdem (both have there good points for running councils) and general elections its either the loony greens or the tories (and I don't willingly waste votes on loonies)
the big bonus really is that once there has been a referendum (regardless of its outcome) there will no longer be any reason for UKIP to exist, which will allow the country to get back to being serious about politics instead of the constant idiocy of recent years ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

Bring back Sir Winston Churchill, he will sort it all out Smiley
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: nanotm
....allow the country to get back to being serious about politics instead of the constant idiocy of recent years ......

Now, I reckon that's a first...nanotm, I completely agree with that sentiment  Smiley
What truly surprises / shocks me is just how obnoxious behaviour by their agents etc just rolls off them and appears to leave them unaffected; more ‘mainstream’ parties would be torn apart by the electorate. I also think that nanotm ‘s view that he/she is prepared to use the European elections as a protest vote but wouldn’t waste a GE vote on them will be typical of many planning to vote UKIP…..hope so
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I don't suppose UKIP will ever win outright in a General Election,  but I wonder what would happen if they got the largest share of votes and became the dominant/controlling party in coalition with one of the other parties that has the background of established policies.
Huh
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
Sir Winston Churchill, he will sort it all out Smiley

He did a good job with the Titanic so maybe he could do the same with the EU.
TORPC
Grafter

did he design / build / set the course / pilot the Titanic ?? ?? ?Huh
Community Veteran

Of course not.
He just happened to be the minister in charge of marine safety at the time.