Ethical Veganism.

Words fail me.

😞

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Ethical Veganism.

The minority of vegans & veggies that often slate us meat eaters for killing animals for our sustenance don't realise that the plants they kill and eat are part of a larger network of interconnectivity that is only just barely being learned about, disrupting the balance of nature for their own gain, so they're just as guilty of murder and "raping the planet" as they often claim...

Or they could just shut up and let people eat what they want to without being judged, because it's none of their business if I eat sliced cow... 😂

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Anything living on the planet is using its resources - and natures setup is a food chain where larger / cleverer animals eat smaller / less clever animals.... and don't forget survival of the fittest - so if vegans get sick and die from their crazy lifestyle who is to blame ?

Highlighted
Pro

@twocvbloke wrote:

Or they could just shut up and let people eat what they want to without being judged, because it's none of their business if I eat sliced cow... 😂

The same principle should be applied to many minority groups..........

Back nearly on topic, I strongly recommend Waitrose three for ten pounds Sirloin. or Aberdeen Angus Rump if you can find one with a yellow discount sticker on it.  The steaks at Aldi are excellent my favorite being the rib-eye washed down with their bargain champagne!

(Old Joke: Doctor, If I go vegetarian and give up drinking will I live to be 100? After a short pause the Doc replies - probably not but it will certainlt feel like it! )

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@TeeGee wrote:

Back nearly on topic, I strongly recommend Waitrose three for ten pounds Sirloin. or Aberdeen Angus Rump if you can find one with a yellow discount sticker on it.  The steaks at Aldi are excellent my favorite being the rib-eye washed down with their bargain champagne!

Before christmas I was lusting over the ribeyes in Aldi, being my favourite steak (followed by sirloin, not a fan of rump, that's too lean & chewy for my tastes), but that's more of a barbecue season thing, love cooking my cowparts over charcoal... 🤤

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

So someone exposes confidential company information and gets caught, they call the "vegan" card in the same way the race card and lgbt card is called, in the hope of sympathy. It isn't the fact that the person is a vegan and is being persecuted, it is because they committed gross misconduct. Off with their heads i say!!

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

agreed, but with reservations over that last sentence....

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 159

I wouldn't be surprised if it was us, the sane majority, who paid for this to go to court.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Apparently those that subscribe to this nonsense such as a checkout operator in a supermarket for example, can now refuse to handle meat.... and presumably they could not now be sacked for doing so. Just imagine being Catholic and refusing to do that on a Friday, or a Muslim on any day of the week when it came to pork.

This all needs to stop, and the sooner the better.

Maybe we should now all self identify as a different race, gender, ability, religious belief, vegan...

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

The sooner Boris sorts the courts out the better... get rid of the liberals and put some good conservative judges in.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

The Judges are only supposed to interpret the laws, maybe the laws need looking at.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

and presumably they could not now be sacked for doing so.

Easy fix for that, self-service, given a lot of stores are offering hand-scanners to scan as you shop, no requirement for checkout operators, just a supervisor for the inevitable "Unexpected item in bagging area!", so no sackings, just "no longer required"... 😂

After all, this is how we're going in many places of work, automation is negating the need for humans, yet the irony is, things are still getting more expensive despite fewer employees... 🤔

Highlighted
Champion
Fixes: 1

@Minivanman I think there has already been a case concerning a Muslim working at a supermarket. Cant remember if it was to do with alcohol  or pork.Shocked

Fixes: 478

I seem to recall reading somewhere...

A baby is born and the question is asked, "Boy or Girl?"

The answer comes back "We have to wait until it is able to self identify"

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 82.0 (64-bit)

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Champnet wrote:

The Judges are only supposed to interpret the laws, maybe the laws need looking at.

Judges these days seem more likely to make their own laws and set new precedents than interpret existing laws...