cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Viewing:

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Essential Viewing:

Every aspiring singer in any reality show past, present or future should be taken into a room, the door locked and not released until they've watched at least three time a recording of: Shirley Bassey at the Electric Proms as shown last weekend. And told this...is your goal.
Sadly I missed it, but at this very moment (14:15 28/10) it is on a kind of endless showing on the BBC1 red button.
I'll forgive her the botox (I wouldn't do it for everybody!!) and a few of the more difficult notes, especially in the ballads, she is after all 72 years young. She did little more than stand behind a microphone, there were no half-naked boys and girls prancing about, but she had her audience eating out of her hand.
Fabulous...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Essential Viewing:

I missed it too so will see if the red button can help.  She's a great performer. Smiley  I've seen her twice and she puts everything into her act.  I think she's 72.
She is at the Royal Albert Hall on 12th November for anyone interested.
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Essential Viewing:

Yep - she'll be 73 in January.
Watched the concert on the red button - great show  Smiley