Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Especially for the workers ?

Bob_Milton
Grafter

Especially for the workers ?

When you retire (??)
As a change from the budget excitement I wondered if you would like to see a few of my pictures taken round the globe.
http://www.milton373.plus.com/homepage.html
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Especially for the workers ?

Particularly like the New Zealand section, my eldest daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren live in Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty. Did you get to Mount Maunganui?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Bob_Milton
Grafter

My recollection is a bit vague, it was about 1994. We were travelling in a motor home. We went to many, many places, forgive me. We spent about 6 months in New Zealand. It was part of a five year trip.
I well remember the boat trip at the Bay of Islands, it was on that trip that some of the photos were taken. You can see that we did do the tourist bit now and then.
Moderators note by James_H : Removed full quote of previous post. It makes the forums harder to read, and is a breach of the Forum Rules
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

We also "did" the Bay of Islands trip. Started in brilliant sunshine, within half-hour had changed to a raging storm, bounced around like a cork, crew seemed largely unconcerned.
Worst weather we encountered (yes NZ weather is very variable) Took day trip from Wellington (N island) to Picton (S island) across Cook Straits. Car ferry (Anahura) outbound, and booked flight back. through day the weather worsened, to almost minimum flying condition for aircraft (De Haviland Devon re-engined with turbo-props) eventually crew decided to fly. Cross winds at Wellington airport were so bad, we landed flying almost 90degrees to the direction of the runway, after the most bumpy turbulent flight we have ever had. Interestingly, it was an open cockpit separated only by a curtain (open) and we clearly see and hear what trouble the crew were having to keep the aircraft flying at all...very hairy!! 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

Without a doubt the most breathtaking sight I have seen to date.
The Canadian Rockies from the aircraft. I don't know how high we were but the view was unforgettable.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation