cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprising idea...

Fixes: 125

Enterprising idea...

Hangover Angels
As millions awake tomorrow with a pounding headache, they will face an age-old dilemma: endure the pain or embark on an arduous quest to find bacon and Berocca.
But thanks to Donna Docherty - or, the Hangover Angel - some need not worry their ailing heads.
Armed with everything from Big Macs to paracetamol, the self-styled 'morning after saint' will welcome in the new year delivering care packages direct to the doorsteps of weary revellers.

I rarely got hangovers in my younger days but I can see this appealing to quite a few morning-after-the-night-before sufferers.
I always preferred a glass of Alka-Seltzer before embarking on eggs and bacon with some deep fried bread  Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Enterprising idea...

What's a hangover Cool
Seriously, it's many years since I drank enough of the falling over liquid to warrant a hangover.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Guess the older you get the more likely you are to have learned the constantly repeated lesson that either drinking too much or drinking the wrong stuff will give you a hangover so I suspect that there are far more younger people waking up with a hangover these days than older people.
I Have no figures to back this statement up and withdraw it if you can find data that disproves it. Wink
RichAllen
Grafter

I've been drinking (legally) for nearly 20 years and I've only ever had 2 hangovers, one was from mixing my drinks, Bitter and Cider.
Community Veteran

I never get hangovers now since retiring. Grin
Strangely though, my drinking capacity has increased massively!  Cheesy
Perhaps it's because I stay in bed 'til late 'cos I don't have to get up for work! Cool
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I don't get hangovers anymore - I found a really brilliant (free) way of not having them: don't drink  Crazy
I had a few horrible ones in my younger years like many folks and decided enough was enough. Going to work severely hung over was one of the most convincing punishments that made me decide not to do it to myself again.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

I used to avoid hangovers (did have the odd couple) by never mixing drinks, having a pint of milk after a hearty meal before venturing out and, most importantly, drinking around two pints of water before sleep.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

WTF
Grafter

Best hangover cure: eggs, OJ and coffee.  Recommended by a professional drinker (OK, wine buyer) friend.  And I can confirm that it actually works.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
I used to avoid hangovers (did have the odd couple) by never mixing drinks, having a pint of milk after a hearty meal before venturing out and, most importantly, drinking around two pints of water before sleep.
Drinking 2 pints of water before sleep, if I drank that much before going to sleep I would get no sleep as I would be constantly visiting the bathroom for most of the night. Just one of the joys of getting older. Smiley