cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

England Vs South Africa - Rugby Predictions

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

England Vs South Africa - Rugby Predictions

Ok so cmon, what are your predictions for the result? I have NO clue about rugby or the scoring, so I don't even know if my score could be acheived, but I'll go for 29-7 to South Africa.
If my score sucks, then someone correct me plz Tongue
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: England Vs South Africa - Rugby Predictions

Can't say what the exact score will be, but I think it'll be close 3 points either way. (maybe 13 - 16?)
John
edit: hopefully in England's favour
TomP
Grafter

What a beautiful performance from those brilliant lads who were full of pride.
True English lion hearts out there tonight, showed true ENGLISH grit and determination. What a performance. No Habana, no running from South Africa and no sweaty socks past the quarter finals (As expected really!)
Wonder how many people will come out with 'Oh South Africa won it by kicking it' or 'South Africa were the 3rd highest points scorer, 6th highest line out winner, twelvethiet longest name, ninety second tallest squad......  Roll eyes Roll eyes Roll eyes '
Brave performance from the true lion hearts in white, South Africa took the penalties when they needed to, Jonny missed 2 key drop goals.
Wasn't a try, but there were a few dodgy obstruction calls, but in true rugby fashion, get on with it.
Well done you brave brave lion hearts!
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I knew England wouldn't win it, they have been far too scrappy throughout the campaign, but have to say well done for getting to the final.
I feel that it actually was a try, and was pretty shocked it wasn't given.
Community Veteran

England should be pleased with their performance.  Everyone had written them off, and at one point it was even thought they wouldn't make the quarter finals!
They managed to close down Habana, and played to Hamilton, when they realised he was hurting.  That made him play and meant that England was playing to the SA weakest link.
The Boks lineout was unassailable, and they played a really positive game, it was a deserved win.
I too thought it was a try on first look, but having seen some stills later it looked as if his foot just touched the line, so the ball was out of play.  Whether it was or it wasn't is irrelevant, the official called it out, so in true rugby fashion, you just accept it and move on.
A great game of rugby, with well-deserved winners.  England's game can't be too harshly criticised.  They played well, but were beaten by a good team on form.
Now's the time to start to rebuild.  Decide who's going to be manager for the next four years, and let them work to develop the team for the next world cup Smiley