cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy suppliers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Energy suppliers

Been with Scottish Power for the past 7 years, no problems with them but have decided to move to one of the smaller companies.
In my case I have gone for Extraenergy which is a fairly new company in the UK.
Feedback on the Internet about them varies from very poor to very good . In the coming months I will be finding out for myself.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Energy suppliers

We considered moving but E.On's new tariffs just announced so signed up for another year.
peter10
Grafter

I changed to Ovo one of the smaller companies. Change over went OK and cashback was paid quickly. It's the same gas or electric whoever you are with the only difference being the customer service and I've not had need to contact them yet. I've changed on a regular basis when the supplier tries to put me on their standard tariff. Only one I would never go back to is British Gas.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

given how many people say the same thing its a wonder they still have any customers, myself I had an 18motnh nightmare with BG and phantom billing my address that ended up with them getting fined by the regulator and another 6 months for them to actually comply with the court terms of needing to allow affected customers to leave without penalty and be compensated for there stress..... they gave me free gas n electric for my time as a customer and an extra 50 quid (whoopee frickin doo they'd been taking triple the agreed amount every month for over a year and every time I cancelled the DD they reinstated it without my consent ........) obviously I wasn't the only customer affected the regulator explained that several hundred others had made similar complaints and BG blamed teething trouble with a new billing system.......
I've been with SSE for years until I jumped to the fixed price offer from Scottish power last year, I'll probably end up going to another fixed price tariff when that one ends in march with yet another supplier Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you