cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarrassed?

Fixes: 125

Embarrassed?

Apparently we embarrass ourselves 7 times a week - not sure that's really true (is the Daily Fail after all)!
Britons' most embarrassing moments revealed: Texting the wrong person and bumping in to an ex (or la...
But of the list half-way down the page I can relate to at least 9/10 of them at one time or another Embarrassed
Probably the most embarrassing for me was sending a Yahoo message berating my ex-wife over her treatment of me and my daughter to my soon-to-be wife Cheesy
Thankfully her English wasn't good enough back then to understand many of the words I'd written. But "look before you leap" came to mind Roll eyes
So, what is your most cringe worthy moment?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Embarrassed?

I had a car stored on a neighbours drive a while back. They asked for it to be moved as they needed to do some earthworks where it was parked. I booked the low loader and then text the neighbours to tell them when it would be picked up. Turns out I only went and sent the text to the driver of the low loader instead... no wonder the neighbour gave me a weird look when I asked him if he got my text lol.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Squeezing a lemon over oysters, To be asked by my date ‘Have you eaten oysters before?’
‘Of course’ I brashly replied.
‘Only we normally open them before we squeeze the lemon’
Embarrassed Embarrassed
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Once called out Britannia Rescue when my car wouldn't start in a hospital car park.
Guy tried everything in the book, and had virtually given up, then tried turning the key one more time.
Terrific bang, clouds of smoke from the rear.
When parking, I'd reversed into a grassy bank, blocking the exhaust.  Embarrassed
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Razer
Grafter

I don't know about embarrassing myself 7 times a week. I know I do embarrass my friend several times in a day we may spend together, however. Something about shops and how I don't just accept any nonsense a shop assistant might try to tell a customer. ...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Was sponsored by my boss at the time on to a health & safety committee not exactly the most exciting of subjects (I have previous form in this area as chair of H&S with another employer) After two meetings it was obvious it was simply a means of getting away from normal desk routine for a couple of hours.
When the third meeting was scheduled I emailed my boss, telling her exactly what I thought of this "flat earth society" and can she find me something urgent and pressing to do to get out of it, and accidentally sent it to the chairman of the committee instead.
I received a prompt reply assuming I had resigned from the committee.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
and accidentally sent it to the chairman of the committee instead.

Email really isn't the best medium for comments like that lol.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!