cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email service

Rottenservice

Email service

Any idea why the Plusnet email is so bad. No end of Fetch command errors plus others today. 

W advised before Christmas, by Plusnet, to get a free service, gmail or something. However I have been a Plusnet customer for a number of years and have stored emails I need to keep. Gmail has a Fetch feature to get them but Plusnet is not compatible. Wasted hours today, probably transferred maybe a 100.

It isn't my computer as the same things happen on IPad and mobile. 

Anybody any idea how to save emails easily.

i am dumping Plusnet soon, but need to save quite a few emails. TIA

2 REPLIES 2
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Email service

I suspect that being a large ISP, plusnet have their own mail servers either derived from open source offerings or something they've written from scratch. It's not uncommon for mail servers that are maintained in-house to have bugs, downtime, maintenance etc although that doesn't explain why services like yahoo can offer the same facility with minimal disruption.

Can't advise how to proceed but hopefully that helps you with your "why" question.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
idonno
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Email service

@Rottenservice wrote:

Any idea why the Plusnet email is so bad. No end of Fetch command errors plus others today. 

Anybody any idea how to save emails easily.

I couldn't say how good or bad PN email is as I never ever used the one supplied.

I tend to use Thunderbird for emails and have only very recently started archiving emails (from 2007-2012). Being lazy my hotmail account had every email I'd sent and received, dating back to 2007. Even now my inbox is still showing over 2000 emails still on the server. I just used Thunderbird to download to archive selected emails and store them on an external drive.

Whether it be Hotmail, Yahoo or my own domain hosting company, I've never had any issues with emails not working when needed.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?