cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elizabeth Taylor dies

Fixes: 121

Elizabeth Taylor dies

Screen icon Dame Elizabeth Taylor dies
The double Oscar-winning actress had a long history of ill health and was being treated for symptoms of congestive heart failure.
Dame Elizabeth's most famous films included National Velvet, Cleopatra and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
She was equally well-known for her glamour and film partnership with Richard Burton, one of seven husbands.

I wasn't a great fan of her films but I did like the V.I.P.s with Richard Burton.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Elizabeth Taylor dies

Sad news.  A great looking lady in her prime.  She was born in Hampstead.
geoffp0
Grafter

Liz has been ill for some time now, saw her on TV news a month or so back, sadly in a wheelchair being fed oxygen, did not recognize her she looked so ill, I was not a fan of hers but very sad to hear. Cry
Geoff
Community Veteran

Yes, she has been confined to a wheelchair for many years.  Sad to see the way she declined over the years. She was 79.  More information here:
Elizabeth Taylor
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes, she often travelled through Heathrow Terminal 4 on her way back to the states.
Mrs P who was in passenger search security at the time has "frisked" her several times (all wheelchair passengers are searched) and found her very pleasant and, had a joke with her, not at all "superior"
But as artmo said she was very ill for many years.
From my point of view, I always thought that in her 20's and 30's she was without doubt the most attractive of screen goddesses.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

The American Film Institute defined an "American screen legend" as an actor or a team of actors with a significant screen presence in American feature-length (40 min) films whose screen debut occurred in or before 1950, or whose screen debut occurred after 1950 but whose death has marked a completed body of work.

She was voted the 7th on a list of Female Screen Legends.
Screen legends
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Can remember seeing her in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (by Tennessee Williams) with Pual Newman as Brick (Elizabeth Taylor played Maggie...the Cat).
Excellent performance by both. (Must watch it again!)
Agree with Petlew
Quote from: Petlew
I always thought that in her 20's and 30's she was without doubt the most attractive of screen goddesses.

Community Veteran

Elizabeth Taylor was buried yesterday.  The service started 15 minutes late at her request.  A star to the end Smiley
Elizabeth Taylor