cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election Result - your comments please !

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Election Result - your comments please !

@shutter wrote:

And the best news is .....  from Jezza !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50766114

So what do you think @shutter  you haven't told us yet.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Luzern wrote:

the gainers were Lib Dems and Greens.

In the throes of the biggest climate problem ever and the greens still only got one MP elected. 

Maybe the Greens should have promised to reduce price of organic tea !

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@artmo 

"I'm in Spain for a few weeks and the news has gone down very well here"

Not surprised at that, the country is so full of crypto fascists I'd be gob smacked if they didn't.

Meanwhile, here in the land of the free as far as goes, I'm reading Bremainers are now calling for a best of five vote!

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

"In the throes of the biggest climate problem ever and the greens still only got one MP elected"

Meanwhile, as one dinosaur said to another, "climate change, what climate change?" 

😉

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

@gleneagles wrote:

what I find interesting is that TM actually lost seats at the GE despite Corbyn yet Boris wins a big majority despite some claiming that his deal is worse than what TM proposed.

What killed it for Labour this time was ruling out fulfilling the wishes of the majority in the referendum. If he had stuck to his guns of respecting the referendum, the result would have been much different, i'm sure. I'm a firm believe that this GE was purely Brexit related. I just hope the people who have placed their trust in BoJo aren't shafted as it will just further the beliefs they already had. That said, i'm happy with the result, but wee Jimmy Krankie may be a bit more vocal in future!! 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

@artmo wrote:

@shutter wrote:

And the best news is .....  from Jezza !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50766114

So what do you think @shutter  you haven't told us yet.

Oh... Thought I had....

However.... the voters obviously did not want a "look-a-like" communist leader, in the disguise of an old grandfather ( erm.... think of a certain bearded fella that took control of the russian communist party a while back ) 

but what they saw as an alternative, was someone who seemed to have a dynamic outlook, on the way that Britain could make itself GREAT Britain, again.

I am not 100% in favour of ALL the conservative policies... nor am I convinced that the labour parties policies of nationalisation of all the major utilities, would be for the benefit of the country as a whole.. 

When you look back at nationalised industries, they were plagued by the labour party motivated trotskyites demanding strike action for anything ( even tea breaks )  to disrupt "normal" production.

Corbyn & his Cronies, want to return to the OLD WAYS...of the past....  whereas  Johnson, wants to get Britain moving into the future.

If they were both right, in their approach, then surely, we should have a "middle ground" policy from BOTH SIDES... and a hung parliament would result..

Brexit is being used by the loser .... as an excuse... and a "smoke and mirror" effect, to deceive the public about their communistic inspired policies to bring this country to it`s knees, as in the past.

Brexit is being used by the winner, as a stepping stone, to going forward into the future.

Brexit was, actually, decided by the nation, as a whole, a couple of years ago, not by this election. Corbyn would not commit himself.... Johnson did..

Whether other policies of the winning party, will be good for all of us, remains to be seen... but...

that last statement would also apply to the losing party, too.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Now maybe the whinging remoaners will cease their 'they didn't know what they were voting for' dirge.

In a democratic system if you get one vote more than the opposition you get 100% of the right to

carry out your policies, not that if you get 52% you only get to carry out 52% of your policies and have

to enact the policy of the losing 48% as well.   This fact was lost on the remoaners, who were in denial that they

lost a democratic vote.  They were interviewing labour voters who voted tory this morning and quite a few said

they were remain voters in 2016 but in order to save what shred of democracy we had left in UK they felt compelled

to vote Tory.   The difference between 2019 and 2017 elections was not so much the manifesto promises or Corbyn per-se, but that in 2017 people still thought labour would honour the result of the 2016 referendum ( they did promise to ),  but this time voters were in no doubt that labour had no intention of honouring the result - so this election was a referendum on brexit in the guise of a general election. 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@wotsup wrote:

@Luzern wrote:

the gainers were Lib Dems and Greens.

In the throes of the biggest climate problem ever and the greens still only got one MP elected. 

Maybe the Greens should have promised to reduce price of organic tea !

@wotsup I find the term 'organic' used of any vegetable product amusing, as if there was such a thing as inorganic tea!

Do you think orgasmic tea, could be a seller? Funny

As to the Greens one seat, it's one better than another more to you heart!😋. A fate of one issue parties, me thinks!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Conservatives hold final seat in St Ives. 

That's all folks. 😛

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Organic label anything that as you say is organic anyway refers to the way it is grown, ie with natural fertiliser rather than chemicals and pesticides?

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

‘Voting for it? I’ve been campaigning for it.’

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Let's hope we are not stuffed. 😃

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@ Lecturer aka @Minivanman Of course I know that:), but all the same, why can't they find a better word?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Jonpe 

Proportional representation whilst on the face of it seems fair, it also invites instability.

Both Italy and Israel have their own version of PR and look at how that's working out for them. Italy with more coalition governments than choice of pizzas and Israel now having their third election in less than twelve months after yet another cross party stalemate.

Better the devil you know I'm thinking. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Sorry, not meaning to lecture hence the question mark at the end of my reply. As for a better word, how about two and 'organically grown'

That might work. 😃