cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election Result - your comments please !

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 6

Re: Election Result - your comments please !

@gleneagles wrote:

@8BKA 

I think the Queen is 5ft 6.

So it’s off to the Tower for you.

😠

From here 5'4" and at 93 shrunk to 5'1"

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 6

On the election result and the movement from labour, I really do wonder how much is from a new found everlasting love, or just fear of the worst the Corbynform could inflict. Maybe the Tories need be very careful lest those swing voters are made willing to take their votes to a more British form of left wingism.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Luzern wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:

@8BKA 

I think the Queen is 5ft 6.

So it’s off to the Tower for you.

😠

From here 5'4" and at 93 shrunk to 5'1"The Emporer 

How about the Emperor of Lilliput?

He was only six inches tall and yes, he was a real person. 🙂

PS. I wonder in Jezza has shrunk a bit since the election. Boris must be the same height as Donald Trump now!

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Luzern wrote:

Maybe the Tories need be very careful lest those swing voters are made willing to take their votes to a more British form of left wingism.

Whenever Labour go left of centre they become un-electable - the only 3 elections they have won since early 1970's are when crypto-capitalist disciple  of Thatcher Tony B Liar was in charge of party, and Teflon Tonys uninformed grasp of how capitalism should work resulted in 2008 crash....

He was actually to the right of Thatcher but his devotion to and lack of control of City of London led to 2008 debacle..

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

A commission, headed by Ed Miliband, has been launched to try to understand why Labour lost so badly.  Well, the simple answer is that the Tories got more votes.  Slightly less flippantly, Labour's policies were not to the electorate's liking, not even in so-called safe seats.

The question has to be asked: What has Mr Miliband ever done for Labour?  He was elected Labour leader by party members, and led the party to defeat.  Thereafter he hasn't been heard of much.  I didn't even realise that he was still an MP.  Being of Jewish heritage perhaps he should try for the leadership again, if nothing else he can hardly be accused of anti-Semitism (a contributing factor to their defeat this time around).

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

What has he done other than stab his brother David in the back you mean?

Ed is a loser advising a loser, and his sibling would be a far better bet for leading the party out of the cold they placed themselves in. They say a week is a long time in politics, well Labour have five years to put their house in some sort of order whilst praying to the Gods in the meantime that the Tories make a complete hash of it by scoring the equivalent of two hundred on Pointless and being sent packing.... but then pigs even in blankets might fly. 

Remember that giant tombstone and those six pledges? Jesus wept.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Labour are sunk....Can anyone name a single Labour MP who is fit to lead the party to victory at the next election ?

Not sure why they need to get a group of leading Labour figures to identify what went wrong.....simply ask those who voted labour for most of their lives but did not this time.

Highlighted
wotsup
Seasoned Champion

Labour had the same leader in 2017 that they had in 2019 - and the main difference was that in 2017 the Labour party manifesto promised to enact 2016  Brexit result.  But in the intervening 2 years the voters were left in absolutely no doubt that Labour party did not support Brexit and from their antics in parliament were actively working to subvert the result completely or heading for BRINO with UK stuck in customs union and single market with continued free movement, still obeying EU laws, still paying into EU black hole and having no say in policy ( not that EU members have much say anyway )....

The voters also saw that Corbyn was a non-leader and was trying to balance the large remain section of his party membership ( city members who paid £3 to join ) against his own historical hatred of the EU project,  and the voters can spot a wrong-un from miles away...