cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election Boob

Community Veteran

Election Boob

Just reading in the St.Pete Times that Clown Brown has made a serious boob in a remark about a woman he had been speaking to.  For it to reach over here it must be serious.  They suggest it could cost him the election Smiley
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Election Boob

That was yesterday.  Wink Tonights live debate is probably much more important - it's on "issues".
Probably wen't make much if any difference, those that really don't like him will stay that way.
Those that support his party probably want him to deal with more important stuff and see that someone else will take over before long anyway.
It's looking an even 3-way split (on voting, not seats) anyway.
johpal
Grafter

What was overheard was a private conversation in a car. Regardless of the temptation to do so, it should never have been reported, nor broadcast!
Brown's error was to get caught; I know I'm guilty of  "muttering under my breath". Let him who is without sin cast the first stone... Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: johpal
it should never have been reported, nor broadcast!

Remember it was Murdoch's mike, no chance of that!
(and he didn't actually complain about that aspect)
SRD
Grafter

I don't know what all the fuss is about, she was bigoted and she is a woman, what is there to complain about?
Teds31
Grafter

I shouldn't state my politics ,but my leanings have always been to the left,I state that because I must say Brown was a good Chancellor but as a Prime Minister he is a walking disaster area.
Fixes: 101

Such a good chancellor my pension was shut down because of him Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
SRD
Grafter

Nothing to do with the pension managers who mismanaged the funds of course.
Community Veteran

Quote from: SRD
I don't know what all the fuss is about, she was bigoted and she is a woman, what is there to complain about?

As I said in my opening post I have only read what has been reported here in the US.  Did she simply express her opinion about immigration?  From what I read she simply expressed a view that is widely held by many people.  How does that make her a bigot? If Brown found her views wrong why didn't he state that?  Where was the moral compass he's always talking about?  I don't trust him but I hope that doesn't make me bigoted Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Its not very well reported, it seems that she started off asking general questions about student, money etc, then at the last minute she started to ask why were all these foreign people allowed to come in and take the work of us British people, but as I said, there seems to be severe edit
Community Veteran

Quote from: adiewoo

Our pension funds were the envy of the world before he stole 50Billion from them by withdrawing tax credits. That's over 600Billion since he did it.  This affected every person in the country who had either a company or private pension.
SRD
Grafter

Thank you p-p,
artmo: the 'widely held view' isn't that of the people if one takes the time to discuss the matter with them, as Gordon Brown did with the 'lady' in question, but that held by those who regurgitate the opinions of certain areas of the media, especially those areas of the media who make most money by peddling inaccurate news stories.
SRD
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
Quote from: adiewoo

Our pension funds were the envy of the world before he stole 50Billion from them by withdrawing tax credits. That's over 600Billion since he did it.  This affected every person in the country who had either a company or private pension.
The envy of the world because they were the most generous with the least responsibility, as the rush from final salary funds by the management of those funds shows.  And I'm talking from the position of one who has also lost by that decision.  But it makes little national economic sense to give nominal tax rebates on top of already generous tax encouragements to those who are already comfortably off.
Community Veteran

Quote from: SRD
Thank you p-p,
artmo: the 'widely held view' isn't that of the people if one takes the time to discuss the matter with them,

In all the opinion polls I've seen recently, and also taken part in, immigration has always been in the top 3 concerns expressed.
Must rush now as have to get to the beach for sunset.  Looks like being a good one tonight Smiley  Have a good night guys.
SRD
Grafter

Was this the question "How do you feel about immigration?", "Which of the following do you think are the most important issues facing Britain today" followed by the list most suitable for the line the survey commissioner wishes to push or an honest request following an accurate discussion of the facts on immigration?