cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election 6th May!

David_W
Rising Star

Election 6th May!

It's (apparently) been called for 6th of May!
So, the question on everyone's lips, will more people vote for Dorothy than will vote in the GE?  If more people vote for Dorothy than the Conservatives/Labour/Lib Dem, will Dorothy become the PM? Cheesy  Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high..... there's a fiscal plan that I dream of, once in a lullaby?
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Election 6th May!

Clown Brown is due to ask the Queen to dissolve Parliament when he goes to the Palace today.  Bring it on Smiley
itsme
Grafter

If parliament is dissolved today (tuesday 6th) then the election has to be on 29th April.
http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snpc-04454.pdf according to this.
Community Veteran

He doesn't have to dissolve Parliament today but simply ask the Queen's permission to do so.  He can then dissolve it at a later date.  May 6th is the day when many areas will be holding local elections so this date makes sense for the GE as we.
He could of course not ask this week but simply wait until later in the month.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ooooh..... the excitement is too much.  Cheesy    Undecided... think I`ll go and have a lie down with a chocolate bar.....!
David_W
Rising Star

I agree with shutter, I'm so excited it's palpable!  yes, my new Asus Sonar DX sound card arrives today, excitement! Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Assuming you mean a Asus Xonar DX what made you choose that over something like the Creative cards
David_W
Rising Star

I read a review which included a blind test with audiophiles rating their experience.  The DX sounded better than even the DX2 which is the full blown version and both sounded better than the Soundblasters, although in 1 test an onboard Realtek did sound better.  The review is here I spent a bit of time trying to decide between SB/DX but in the end the DX won on price and performance.
jmd
Grafter

Oh what a boring few weeks we are now going to have as each party tells us how wonderful they are and how much better they will run the country...................... think it is time to go into hibernation..................... I wish there was an automatic off button on TV when party political broadcasts come on!  oh well I can at least turn sound off.
johpal
Grafter

@Oldjim
Is that a cross posting, or am I missing the irony of a particularly sardonic comment?  Grin
The announcement of the election will at least put paid to the feverish anticipation; now just a month of interminable boredom to bear before it all goes away again!
Fixes: 47

He's just trying to divert the thread onto a more 'interesting' subject Wink Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Think of all the goodies they'll be giving us Wink Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: dgwebb
I agree with shutter, I'm so excited it's palpable!  yes, my new Asus Sonar DX sound card arrives today, excitement! Cheesy

And why is he getting a new sound card? Undecided
Well, of course, he wants to be able to hear the political speeches, claims and counter-claims with the best possible audio quality.......  Roll eyes
after all, even a load of rubbish will sound good on a nice new card!  Cheesy
(there you are...... nicely back on topic !)  Grin Grin Grin
Fixes: 47

I don't have any interest in politics so will probably vote Conservative.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

But on a serious note I think it's more important than ever that everyone votes this time.  I hope Clown Brown doesn't call the election until May or I won't be able to vote as I'm away.