cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Either this car thinks it is a tank or they don't build houses like they used to

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Either this car thinks it is a tank or they don't build houses like they used to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-20675824
Ken Weston-Gare, from Norfolk Fire Service, said there was severe damage to the front of the bungalow and the whole building had been pushed back.
"The lintels over where the windows were have been structurally damaged and the impact has actually moved the whole property about two inches to the rear," he said.

17 REPLIES
Razer
Grafter

Re: Either this car thinks it is a tank or they don't build houses like they used to

They very definitely don't build houses like they used to. Living space is getting smaller and smaller and walls are getting thinner and thinner. Judging by this, I guess foundations are becoming less and less substantial, too.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Either this car thinks it is a tank or they don't build houses like they used to

If the whole property had moved, wouldn't the gas pipe to the right of the window have a kink in it? Sounds iffy to me.
Community Veteran

Bollards!
A car moving a house 2 inches? You can clearly see the damp proof course and there's no movement there.
Geoff,
York.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

They clearly don't make car number plates like they used to.  Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well at least there is an investigation into the cause of the crash underway.
My money is on someone using their mobile phone.
Note to OJ or anyone else, I said SOMEONE not the driver before you decide to start.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Could be correct but given that the driver was a women I made the even more sweeping assumption - high heels in an automatic Vauxhall Zafira  Embarrassed
Community Veteran

Should I be clicking the "Report to a moderator" link now OJ? - Thats potentially a rather sexist remark  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Not really as men don't wear high heels (unless they are little French presidents)  Lips are sealed
Community Veteran

Now I think thats going a bit too far..  Roll eyes
Its been made quite clear that this sort of discrimination or banter is not acceptable. Why the forum description wasn't changed I'll never know  Undecided
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Not really as men don't wear high heels (unless they are little French presidents)  Lips are sealed

I have two pairs of cowboy boots that call you a liar. On the other hand, allow me to show you my other collection of footwear ...
Community Veteran

Go on then - I dare you  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: Razer

I have two pairs of cowboy boots that call you a liar. On the other hand, allow me to show you my other collection of footwear ...

Grin
Razer
Grafter

Go on then - I dare you  Roll eyes

I jest, of course. I don't have such a collection.
I've only got one pair. Wink
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Razer
They very definitely don't build houses like they used to.  [Snip]

Not wen they are a:
Wimpey homes or Barratt Homes
Can you say cardboard box?  That is what Wimpey and Barratt build.