Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Einstein is an idiot

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

Einstein is an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8mUABBU-g

This advert should be banned.......  Why?  well, what kind of "smart" person would be encouraging people to sit in the bath....... using a mobile phone  ? ? ?Huh

Surely there has been enough idiots electrocuting themselves while using a mobile phone in the bath..

( yeah, ok.... this one is not plugged in to the charger.... but the idiots will not notice that..... will they  ? ? ? )

8 REPLIES 8
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

Re: Einstein is an idiot

As you say, @shutter , highly irresponsible.

A quick Google for "mobile phone bath electrocution" shows it's not uncommon.

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
Mook
Champion
Fixes: 2

The whole advert a flawed. It says on the screen that user intervention is required which of course means that the meter isn't smart as it takes a conscious to turn an appliance off in order to reduce consumption.

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 7

Yes, it's irresponsible, but it probably only affects those who would have succumbed to Darwinian selection anyway.

"The process in nature by which, according to Darwin's theory of evolution, organisms that are bette...

If the phone charger doesn't get them, the hair-dyer will.

RobPN
Hero

Just noticed my typo above - should have been hair dryer Embarrassed

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Hate to break it to you @shutter but that's not really him. 😉

As for using a mobile phone whilst in the bath, I don't own one of those mega buck ones he looks to be using but if I did, the bathroom would be the last place I'd be using it charger or no.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

@Minivanman  Really  ?  Oh.... how infuriating, that someone should be allowed to imitate such a famous personality, while he is having a barf....

Seriously, though... I wasn`t "havin` a larf" with this thread.... I just thought it was a completely idiotic scenario, to try and promote something called "SMART" and through that promotion, showing idiots that it is "ok" to use a mobile phone in a bath, when so many idiots have electrocuted themselves in so doing.

RobPN
Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

As for using a mobile phone whilst in the bath, I don't own one of those mega buck ones he looks to be using but if I did, the bathroom would be the last place I'd be using it charger or no.

If you did ever get a mega buck one @Minivanman , it'd be worth making sure you choose a water resistant one.

A young family member who lives in Australia lost his phone in a river whilst on a camping trip.

Fortunately he found it an hour later when he stood on it, fished it out, and it was still working.

Oh, Samsung of course!

Wink  

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

@RobPN Samsunk, surely?

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N