Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eh, what, pardon?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Eh, what, pardon?

@artmo wrote:

I have dealt with the ENT department before so they accepted my request to see me again.  As simple as that.

Although what artmo says sounds a bit far fetched, I have a similar arrangement at one department with my local hospital trust due to ongoing issues. Despite being a candidate for discharge, they've agreed to keep me on their books and see me every year with the option of calling in should i need assistance urgently.

It's not common and a lot of hospital doctors aren't so keen on it but it does happen.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@7up 

Fair enough, guess I'll stick with not common and take simple with a pinch of salt.

Nice work if you can get it as they say. 🙂

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I'd say its an indicator that a patient has health woes that the hospital can't really ignore. In my case it may become a medical emergency and require urgent surgery if they don't assist me early enough hence them keeping me on the books and being told to "call my secretary if you need my help".

Whether or not you know it, if the hospital accepts phone calls for medical assistance / appointments it means you've got other things going on. They don't always advertise their concerns about your health.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!