cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effective Warning to Drivers

Community Veteran

Effective Warning to Drivers

An interesting way of getting the message of the new seat belt law over to drivers in Florida.  You can't say you didn't know.  These signs have been mounted on roads for the past few weeks.
6 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Effective Warning to Drivers

must be a different "Mentality" then , it doesnt work in Essex, some of the signs in this area also show this message occasionally, then this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/8053481.stm
Community Veteran

The link you give has nothing to do with roadside warnings.  You also miss the point that this sign is to get the message across about a new law being introduced, not to highlight an existing one.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I didnt say it had anything to do with road side warnings, except that they clearly did not see the six police officers in fluorescent jackets.
Community Veteran

If the Police were acting anything like they do on the A414 near me they would not all be visible but concealed in unmarked cars.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Artmo, I suggest you take a long swig of your Coffee and read "your" thread title Effective Warning to Drivers
Community Veteran

I was simply stating a fact which incidentally has been discussed with police HQ in Chelmsford. There is an acknowledgment that officers hiding in order to catch motorists does nothing for goodwill between the police and public.  Back to my coffee Smiley