cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eddie Stobart

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Eddie Stobart

Not sure if this just applies in the northwest of England but I often travel on the motorway for periods of  1 to 3 hours on a single journey and on almost every occasion, irrespective of time of day I have always seen a least one Eddie Stobart  lorry on the motorway.
8 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Eddie Stobart

Most long journeys I tend to see several Eddie Stobart lorries. Actually see quite a few on the A299 between here and my mum's.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

See a lot at the southern end of the M1 as they have a depot in Milton Keynes. But see them all over the south east.
"Eddie" spotting is a well known pass-time collecting the girls names on the cab side <reputed to be the names of the girls the late Eddie Stobart has er! "been" with, but that's probably just a fallacy> 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

website dedicated to eddie spotting
Fixes: 47

I would be quite surprised if during one of my trips to the Nottingham area down the M1 I didn't spot an Eddie Stobart lorry.
An ex-colleague of mine was quite a fan and could reel off facts and figures.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 104

i was surprised not so see one yesterday spending 5 hours driving up and down the M5.. i'd usually see at least a couple.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

They are amongst the most recognisable trucks on our roads.
In addition to the trucking side Stobart also operates Southend airport which is growing in popularity. I have to laugh though how they refer to it as London Southend Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
I have to laugh though how they refer to it as London Southend Wink

There are many airports like that around the south of england. I also used to laugh until i realised its probably quite a sneaky trick to gain incoming customers from abroad to fly to their airport.
Anyone who see's London in the name (and has no common sense) will probably not worry - see the name london and pick one at random  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!