cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebuyer & free delivery

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Ebuyer & free delivery

Well one of my HDD's is starting to fail time to replace it. (2Tb with most of my Videos on it  Cry)
Searched and an internal HDD is DEARER than a USB 3 external  Crazy
So to ebuyer I went, £7+ for next day delivery. NO WAY. So free delivery in 5 days.
Ordered this morning and it has just been dispatched, for delivery tomorrow by RM.  Grin
Mind you last time I asked for free it took over a week to come.  Cry
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Ebuyer & free delivery

I've had the same with Amazon......free delivery (5 day) items arriving before next day delivery items Huh
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Ordered a computer case from ebuyer moons ago and they sent me two of them  Grin
Even then the courier tried it on saying "Oh i'm not sure if there's a second one.. the label says 1 of 2 but i don't think there is another one"  Shocked
How would he know whether i ordered it or not? - he wouldn't so rather than let him get away with thinking he got a freebie I just replied with "well it must be there then matey if your label says you've got it". Sure enough he went back to the van and pulled it straight out from right by the back door and then proclaiming to have miraculously found it... so incredibly quickly.
Dodgy stuff. Strangely city link no longer exist  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
I've had the same with Amazon......free delivery (5 day) ...

Items ordered 12.30pm yesterday (Friday), free estimated delivery next Wednesday-Friday, arrived this morning (Saturday) 10.30; delivered by a bloke in an Enterprise rent-a-van
nanotm
Pro

I registered with ebuyer years ago and every month they give me a delivery token, so once  a month I get free next day delivery regardless of the item cost Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I like it when things are sent out with a long estimate for delivery but it turns up the next day, our postal system can be pretty effective when they're not on strike... Grin
Quote from: 7up
Dodgy stuff. Strangely city link no longer exist  Grin

And that's why citylink (not my preferred spelling though) went bust, all the compensation claims, the replacements paid out for the thefts, the damages & the incompetent drivers delivering to the right house number & street name but in the wrong town, etc., I'm glad they're gone, I hope to never, ever see that name revived in the future... Roll eyes
Still, got a set of 4x 12v 7Ah SLA batteries out of them, they delivered a set to the wrong place, declared it lost and seller sent a new set, 2 months down the line, they delivered a turntable I'd bought to the same wrong house, and as I decided to investigate it myself, the description of the house from the driver in no way resembled my house, they said brown door that opened onto the street, I live in a house with a white door with a yard that has my shed in it that a delivery person has to walk through and yet they claimed they "forgot" where it was they delivered to (but knew what it looked like??), used google maps to find similar addresses round here, found the house they described to a tee, demanded they went back to pick up my "lost item", took them about 8 days to do so, along with a bold claim of "Yeah the box is right here next to me in the depot", bearing in mind their depot was 30 minutes drive away, and when someone finally turned up 2 minutes after the phonecall (work that one out, in a depot 30 minutes away, but turned up 2 minutes later as a set of two items?? Bunch of lying number twos!), my turntable arrived intact, AND the "lost" set of batteries too... Roll eyes
Never had any delivery problems since they went bust... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

They failed to deliver one box to me.. .seller tried to charge me £150 for it... i told them it never turned up, they insisted it had been delivered, i told them it hadn't, they wrote it off.
3 months later city link delivered it. Battered, every corner had holes, it had been squashed..... Remember Ace Ventura pet detective - at the beginning where he's a delivy man bashing a parcel? - Thats how my parcel turned up. THREE MONTHS!
Like you, i'm glad they went bust.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

now just need a couple of other bad eggs to follow suit (particularly ukfail) and we can get back to 99% of items delivered with the decent companies ...... of course its much better when you have to pay extra not to track an item and hopefully that will become standard practice in the future
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Not had issues with UKMail myself (far more reliable than citylink, mostly 'cos they could actually read the postcodes properly!), though their vans look pretty scrappy round here, but, it's probably just cos they're too cheap to keep the fleet looking professional in order to save the customer money... Grin
nadger
Rising Star

I buy quite a few items from Ebuyer and have never paid for delivery which is normally next day.
Round here they use Yodel and my only complaint is home delivery chap ( in car) hits knocker so hard the door rocks.
I've taken to tying cloth round knocker and he now takes hint  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I had an email from ebuyer last month saying I had a next day coupon, but I am B****D if I could find it. One of the reasons I went for free delivery.
Still disk is fine, a Tosh one for a change.