Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EbuyGumm

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

EbuyGumm

No, It`s not a typo... nor is a Yokshur...  it`s an alternative to EBAY, apparently... one which is "supposed" to be taking over from robber Ebay, with No Selling Fees/listing fees.

https://ebuygumm.co.uk/

Has anyone had any dealings with them?   seems to be pretty legit... but am just a bit wary, as I haven`t heard about them before.

15 REPLIES 15
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: EbuyGumm

Or an EbuyGumtree.

No never heard of them either. It's potluck whether they catch on. Look how long eBids been around.

I don't think I would sell anything on there. You don't even get a penny until the buyer gives the thumbs up. They go on about scammer sellers and how this stops them but the bigger problem on other sites is scammer buyers. Returning something completely different and false chargebacks is just the tip of the iceberg.

eBay's fortunes have taken a turn for the worse as a federal lawsuit has just been filed against them and their top officials including former chief exec Devin Wenig. And frankly they don't have a leg to stand on. A massive out of court settlement is predicted. But considering what they did, the Steiner's might decide to go for eBay's throat.

shutter
Community Veteran

@billnotben 

Well, I have been doing some googling about..  and it does seem a legit site... Trustpilot has some good reviews... ( 38 ) which... in a way, does not seem to be many, considering that the site has been registered for over 5 years. .

The site "certificate" is invalid... but I don`t know what that means, to buyers and sellers.

Read something about a Joint Lawsuit, from Ebay and Gumtree. trying to get the site name made illegal, but they lost the case.. is that the one you are on about ?

It says you need to register with Trustepay, to get your payments... but  it also says, that buyers can pay be PayPal... so that seems a bit of a conflict.... and Trustepay, is somehow affilliated to Ebuygumm, like it was the only way to transact between buyers and sellers, so you need to give Ebuygumm your current account details.

Had a read through their T&C page... seems that everything you say or do, or sell, that is your legal intellectual rights you lose that once you have signe up to them... (maybe that`s true with ebay, but never read their t&c`s ! ! ! .. )

I`m 75%/25% thinking of signing up. .... just wanted to know what anyone else`s opinion(s) of it are.. or anyone who has used it for their experiences, as opposed to non-verifiable Trust Pilot reviews ( and others ) .

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Therein lies the problem IMO, nobody ever reads the Ts & Cs when they buy or sign up to stuff, the companies know that so they can get away with putting all kind of stuff in the "small print".

Do you see? Cheesy
Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

@shutter wrote:.

The site "certificate" is invalid... but I don`t know what that means, to buyers and sellers.

That's not good -  Could be a fake website. I'll do some checking.....................

Bit of a heath robinson setup but looks legit. Certificate is valid through to January 2022

shutter
Community Veteran

@Champnet  OK>.. Thanks for the check-up... Was just repeating what I found in my searches.. much appreciate your input ... Thanks

Wink

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Terms and Conditions are invariably one-sided; the only choice the customer has, is either to accept or not use the company in question.  I suppose contract law applies and if it's deemed to be an unfair contract, it is an invalid contract.

billnotben
Community Veteran

@shutter wrote:

Read something about a Joint Lawsuit, from Ebay and Gumtree. trying to get the site name made illegal, but they lost the case.. is that the one you are on about ?

ecommercebytes 

dailymail 

The dailymail has some nice pictures including the bloody pig mask. A change from the horses head I guess.

shutter
Community Veteran

@billnotben Thanks for that.... nice to see that "david" can still slay "goliath"....  Smiley

billnotben
Community Veteran

Amazing when you see that one of the "perps" is a Californian ex police captain. You would think they would know better. Or maybe he does as he has already pleaded guilty on cyber stalking and witness tampering.

Mook
Champion

I have a vague recollection that this site was on Dragon's Den, either that or it's a figment of my imagination.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Mook  Only thing I found was a very short clip, which I think someone was using as a "bit of fun".

https://sw-ke.facebook.com/Ebuygumm/videos/ebuygumm-dragons-den-/388340558607002/

i.e.   the "saying" ee bah gum "... rather than the entrepeneur pitching for a few bob...

there is a facebook page..  with 9.1k followers

https://www.facebook.com/Ebuygumm/?hc_ref=ARRSdutD_wzCeNH8JfYgFT754w9opJRopFAlgzBVs8WW0S6-6XNf331Ah8...

Mook
Champion

Ah! OK @shutter must be misremembering then, not the end of the world either. The FB link's wasted on me as I've set my DNS to blackhole it and even if it wasn't I wouldn't click on it I've just as much, if not more, contempt for FB as I do for the likes of the Daily Mail.

billnotben
Community Veteran

I see the eBay security guy the very ex Californian ex police captain got sentenced to..............

"Philip Cooke, 56, of San Jose, Calif., a former police captain in Santa Clara, Calif., was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Allison D. Burroughs to 18 months in prison and three years of supervised release with the first year spent in home detention. Cooke was also ordered to pay a fine of $15,000 and to perform 100 hours of community service. In October 2020, Cooke pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit cyberstalking and conspiracy to tamper with witnesses."

TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@shutter Sorry i couldnt resist posting this any longer......In Barnsley they have a new way of taking drugs, they dip their fingers in the powder and rub it in their mouths.....THEY CALL IT E BY GUM !!! 🤣