cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay feedback

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Ebay feedback

Moons ago ebay didn't used to tell you anything about your previous purchases that were 3 months old claiming that it had all gone and was no longer available.
Then a couple of years ago, under every piece of feedback, next to the auction number, the title for each auction suddenly showed up - some going back years. They'd clearly not quite told us the truth and DID infact still have this data going back.
Now today I've gone to look at my feedback to look for something I bought a couple of years ago and suddenly all the titles from every auction / BIN has gone again leaving just the auction numbers.
Anyone know why? - I found it rather handy to have a reminder of each item purchased.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Ebay feedback

They can't seem to make up their minds. The what you bought column went back to how it used to be a few months back. That is not showing what you've bought over 90 days ago.
A while back now when ebay starting hiding bid identities their excuse for this action was along the lines of privacy of their members.
Later on the items bought column was changed showing everything, it was a clear contradiction to this. Maybe someone has forcibly pointed this error out to them.

Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
A while back now when ebay starting hiding bid identities their excuse for this action was along the lines of privacy of their members.

No it was nothing to do with privacy, they started hiding usernames when the shill bidding poo hit the fan. People started demanding action so that sellers couldn't shill bid against their own items and ebays answer was to simply hide the usernames. Two birds with one stone that - they could carry on getting higher payments for the ending bids and they removed the proof of shill bidding  Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Very handy if you can go back over any period of time to check what you have bought. Amazon allow you to do this and give you the opportunity to comment on purchases.
E-Bay is a completely different set up to Amazon but I am sure they could find a way around this problem.
hitachi
Grafter

On my ebay if you dot the "archived" dot box it goes back to 2011
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I was looking to get a replacement psu for one I bought about 3 months ago, this one has gone phutt, BUT I couldn't find out who I had bought it from  Angry
Community Veteran

@Hairy Biker: IF you keep your emails from ebay then you can still search through those! Thats what I had to do recently although it would have been far easier to find it on ebay.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

No once I have rx'd the item and it works I delete the emails.  Cry
Community Veteran

Whoops!
I've never done that. My partner thinks I'm bonkers but if I get email from anyone thats not spam it never gets wiped. I have emails going back years - almost 20 thousand of them the last time I looked. Everything from ebay emails to freecycle emails (when someone says I can have something thats as good as a receipt if anything turns out to be stolen or given away wrongfully etc). I never delete anything (thanks to yahoo's unlimited storage!).
Community Veteran

Quote from: hitachi
On my ebay if you dot the "archived" dot box it goes back to 2011

I can't get this to work. What do you mean by dotting the archive box?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Under 'purchase history' each item purchased has a radio button allowing archive of that item.
Item(s) successfully hidden. Go to 'Archive' in Purchase History to see them again.

Edit:- Oh - see what you mean, there is no archive under Purchase History