Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay UK site is down

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Ebay UK site is down

Anyone experiencing problems with Ebay UK site this morning, I am selling something and unable to access the listing, also the ebay.co.uk site sometimes fails to load.
My connection is fine as I can stream Now TV and BBC iPlayer.
Also their customer service seems to be not working by saying "Due to circumstances we are unable to take your call"
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
34 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Ebay UK site is down

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I was getting random connection resets and other intermittent eBay problems from late last night.
This morning I keep getting logged out while using the site, and when I try and log back in, it either says my login details are invalid, or the username field has lost my list of my eBay account names.
I also get strange messages about "302 Moved" when trying to visit eBay via the Nectar (rewards) website.
I did wonder whether my DNS server had got corrupted, which I have now restarted.
Thanks to this thread, I now see that this was scheduled maintenance, but it would have been nice to have had a banner on the site saying that !   Angry
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Yes saw that,
Why nowHuh
Why not overnight?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

It is overnight over on the US west coast - they don't run everything from local servers
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I find it unbelievable how often eBay shows -
"Some of your information is not available at this time. Please try again later"

between 07:30 and 08:30, just when people are checking their watched items, or items for sale, just before they head off for work.  Angry
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Same here!
Selling a BT hub 4 router to use the money to buy an Apple airport express money.
Community Veteran

We don't have our own completely separate ebay as ebay uk is only an offshoot of the USA .com site.
As a direct result our maintenance happens during daylight hours so when things go wrong, like now, it's pretty much a disaster.
Community Veteran

I guess they have to do their maintenance sometime Wink
The site seems to be up and running again now.
Community Veteran

Does the my ebay page look changed to you?
Seems a lot more white space around the bid now button. With the rest looking a bit squashed up.
Community Veteran

The pages look the same to me.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

eBay Account Login Problems - Anybody else?

Although probably unlikely to be a PlusNet problem, for some strange reason I can't login to my eBay account today.  I suspect it might be down to eBay so I'm just wondering if anybody else is having sign-in problems?
I can get to the site OK but attempting to login tells me my Username/email address or Password is incorrect - it's not!  I've tried from two different PCs and I've tried Gateway hopping to no avail.
I've tried re-setting my password without success, the latest attempt to get my details sent to my registered email address resulted in a message on the page which told me instructions had been sent to that email address although I haven't received anything (now several minutes later).
I can't see that my account could have been hijacked but it would be interesting to know if anybody else is experiencing similar?
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
pages look the same to me.

I must be one of the "lucky" chosen few again then.
Fixes: 47

Dick:green Ebay issue threads merged.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Just realised I'm now signed in to my eBay page.  Nice to know my account hasn't been hijacked, although as others have said, some prominent notification wouldn't have gone amiss and would have saved quite a bit of time and slight stress!
Quote from: billnotben
Does the my ebay page look changed to you?
Seems a lot more white space around the bid now button. With the rest looking a bit squashed up.

I saw that too, refreshing the page seemed to bring things back to how they were before the outage.
Quote from: Strat
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Ebay issue threads merged.

You had me confused for a second or two, I thought somebody was definitely out to get me when my new topic had disappeared!  Checking my email directed me to this thread though.