Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eat your heart out Amazon

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Eat your heart out Amazon

Eat your heart out Amazon, with the introduction of these I'm now about to go into the online retail business. Thumbs_Up

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Eat your heart out Amazon

They will be OK for the small stuff... but how about trying to return  10 x 6ft  decking planks... or  a couple of exhaust pipes for your old banger  ?  still have to FIND a post office  (somewhere)  or employ a dodgy courier service !

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@shutter 

Starting out small, will order bigger postboxes as my business expands. Wink

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@shutter  I was rather surprised to find out, even though I live out in the sticks, that my nearest post office is open until the cows come home, ok 7.30pm and is actually open to the same time on a Sunday. Now that does make returning stuff very easy.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

I think most "sub-post offices" are now open 7 days a week.... which is an improvement on a few years back.... however,... I seem to recall, a recent news report that an estimated 2,000 are due for closure this year...

As an ex- Sub Postmaster, in a small village, I feel strongly for the village shop, and the sub post master/mistress who lose out twice fold.... firstly, cos it reduces footfall into the village shop, and thus reduces sales/profitability, and  secondly... the sub postmaster/mistress loses additional income from his/her wages dependent on post office "traffic"...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

They have similar boxes to this in some parts of America but not in red !

I was talking to one traveller who thought it was a trash can and chucked his empty big mac container in it !Smiley