cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eat Out at a Discount

artmo
Community Veteran

Eat Out at a Discount

If you like eating out there is a great scheme starting tomorrow (Mon.3rd Aug) where you can eat at a large selection of restaurants and receive a discount of £10 from the government.

Go to the government website Eating Out and enter your postcode and you will be presented with a list of restaurants in your area. They include restaurants offering all kinds of food at all different price ranges. Just booked a few for this week where we will be able to enjoy normally £20-25 meals for around £10.

It runs through to the end of August and has been set up by our innovative chancellor to get the restaurant business back on its feet after lockdown.

8 REPLIES 8
Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Eat Out at a Discount

And if you have an Amex card, check out the offers for local eateries and get a further substantial discount....

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Not sure how that fits in with Boris encouraging people to eat healthy food and get their weight down.

Cafe’s and Resturants I have no problem with but.....McDonalds and similar ?

Might have been better to offer vouchers on groceries where healthy food was being purchased.....

We are born into history and history is born into us.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 185

@artmo  you might want to edit your link, it's got your (or someone's!)  postcode on it

artmo
Community Veteran

@MisterW. Thanks. Not my postcode. Will delete it when I return home.
artmo
Community Veteran

@gleneagles The scheme is specifically aimed at the hospitality sector. It's to encourage people to support the sector hoping they will then get back into the habit in the future.
The scheme is designed to be very simple to operate. To exclude the likes of McDonald's would have added complications.
TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

@artmo Like you have also  booked at a Fish and chip restaurant. A local Italian that we have frequented in the past is also on the list  but a couple of friend went a couple of weeks ago and said all the portions have shrunk and they were still hungry after eating, so that got ruled out!!!Sad

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I've also noticed my local cafe has reopened. Used to be takeaway only, now there are people sitting at tables.

Also I have a chip shop who serve massive portions, something like £2.50 for a battered sausage and chips. Well you can't complain.

artmo
Community Veteran

The chancellor announced today that 11M meals have already been ordered under this scheme. Not bad for its first week of operation. Hopefully many of the restaurants will see continued support from the customers who dined with them this week.