Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easyfundraising

Highlighted
TTman
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Easyfundraising

I received an e-mail from easyfundraising which a site that you can go thro to do internet shopping where anything you buy the shopping site will donate a percentage of the price to a charity of your choice. It said that Amazon will no longer donate any money to your charity. If you want to donate money in future you will have to shop thro a new site called Amazonsmile. Amazon seems to found a new way of dodging tax me thinks. So now have to setup a new account on Amazonsmile I can see only Amozon will be the only one smiling and not the taxma!!!:rolleyes:

6 REPLIES 6
Luzern
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Easyfundraising

Amonson Smile is nor new. One of my church's connections are on the list to receive the benefits. I use it for my limited Amazon buys.

As to being a tax dodge,it's one that legally benefits others. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price, excluding VAT, shipping fees and returns. No tax is avoided at all.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern  we have always bought things thro Amazon.co.uk and got the donation ok from them  but the email said we could no longer do that. As for the tax I was meaning Amazons overall Tax Bill to the goverment was doing it this way going to reduce thier overall tax bill:smiley:

Luzern
Seasoned Champion

@TTman  Well I have not had such an email from Amazon and am pretty sure the church associated charity would also inform.

In the OP you mentioned Easy Funding, so was it actually Amazon sending the email?

A redacted copy of the email would be welcome. My email client allows me to examine the message source for genuineness,

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern The was  email was from Easy fundraising. 

Not sure how to copy whole e-mail to here with address so just included main body.If you can tell me how to copy rest if youneed it will post again.

But A1 Steam Locomotive Trust can still get FREE donations! View in browser

Easy fundraising - feel good shopping

Top Banner

From the 5th August 2019, the way you raise donations when you shop with Amazon will change. If you search for Amazon on www.easyfundraising.org.uk or the easyfundraising App, you will be directed to AmazonSmile. You can still raise FREE donations for A1 Steam Locomotive Trust when you buy things from Amazon – you’ll just need to create a free account at smile.amazon.co.uk. AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on amazon.co.uk. The difference is that when you shop on smile.amazon.co.uk, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) to the eligible charitable organisation of your choice.

If you can’t find your chosen charity on AmazonSmile, they might not have registered yet. Let them know to register at org.amazon.co.uk so they don’t miss out on a single donation.

You can continue to use easyfundraising to shop with 4,000 other retailers.

£28 Million Raised
 1.6 Million Users
  130,000 Causes

© Copyright 2003 - 2019 easyfundraising.org.uk. All rights reserved. Registered Address: St Chads House, Suite 6, Cross Keys, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6DN. You are receiving this email as you have indicated that you would like to receive communications from easyfundraising.org.uk. If you no longer wish to receive emails from easyfundraising.org.uk, please unsubscribe. Please do not reply to this email. Email responses are not monitored. Should you wish to contact us, please feel free to do so using our online form. easyfundraising.org.uk is a member of the Institute of Fundraising.

Luzern
Seasoned Champion

@TTman My suspicion is that EF bulk the orders placed through them, but Amazon prefer to expand even more their base to whom they can sell etc etc, or another possibility is that EF is finding the work a cost they do not want to endure, or Amazon had been giving EF a kick-back they wish to cease.

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern Thanks for your comments I think you are probably right . I will see  what happens on Aug 5th. I will certainly check the prices between the sites. I will let you know what happens:thumbsup: