cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earthquake - Swansea

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Earthquake - Swansea

An earthquake has struck Swansea in South Wales this afternoon. The St. Helen's Rugby Ground has not been demolished.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
8 REPLIES
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Earthquake - Swansea

Really odd because around the time it went off my dog jumped off the deck and looked at me,,,, i thought maybe someone was at the door altho i didn't feel anything. 

Community Veteran

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Never felt a thing up here in't north... Grin

I remember one around 2005/2006 in lancashire though, god that was scary, very minor in comparison to other parts of the world, but the deep rumbling sound coming from underground followed by the whole house vibrating, definitely a scary time...Shocked

Mayfly
Pro

I remember that one. It sounded and felt like a train approaching in a tunnel then rumbled on by. It cracked my landing ceiling.

Community Veteran

I thought it was an HGV rolling down my street initially, it was when the house seemed to keep vibrating for longer than it should have that panic set in, given I was up in an attic bedroom and a roof beam was about 3ft over my head... Shocked

Luzern
All Star

Wife came down from bedroom, where she was having a siesta to ask me, "had I felt anything"? Reading the paper in the conservatory I didn't feel anything.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Fixes: 232

@twocvbloke wrote:

I thought it was an HGV rolling down my street initially, it was when the house seemed to keep vibrating for longer than it should have ...

That was what I thought when we had that earthquake just off the coast near Folkstone in May 2015.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

There was another in the Folkestone / Dover area before that too - around 2008 i think as a colleague lived in Dover and her house was damaged by it.

Only time i've felt anything like it was when we had a train rumbling past the house down the road outside the front of the house. Big old slam door on a low loading lorry, it was so tall the windows were level with the bedroom windows upstairs and the whole house shook quite badly - it was a victorian building too so built very solidly.

I remember when i was young and at school we were always told the UK didn't get earthquakes as we were not on any geological fault lines etc and it was impossible for us to ever be hit by one Roll eyes

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!