Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ear ache

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Ear ache

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I've been suffering with this for a long time on and off and its really starting to wind me up.
Every now and again when in bed and sleeping on my left side, I'll wake up in the morning to find my ear aching like crazy. Now normally turning over and sleeping on my right eases this and it eventually goes away. If I go back to the left it often comes back but at least then I've had a bit of left sided sleep and can go back to the right again. When I get up it usually fades away pretty quickly.
The last two mornings I've had the same thing and thought nothing of it as I'm used to it. Today I've woken up, done the right side thing and it's made no difference. Eventually crawled out of bed and here I am several hours later with the pesky thing still aching. Now I'm pretty certain it's caused by my ear resting on the pillow but my question is why is it doing it / what is it that my left ear doesn't like that my right is fine with?
Any ideas? This is so frustrating!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
9 REPLIES
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Ear ache

Community Veteran

Yes actually.. cotton buds.. now those bad boys were in use last night... hmm cheers for the link!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

You could go and visit your doc, and get him/her to have a look see..... maybe because there is a build up of wax in that ear.... or.... you could have an infection, that does not necessarily show any other symptoms.... a course of "otosporin drops" twice a day, for about a week will usually clear that up....
Did it for me anyway...  Cheesy
P.S.  you should not stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear...  Shocked
electra2008
Dabbler

is it an actual earache or like mine, sometimes i wake up and my ear really really  hurts I have found that it has been "bent over" and so the circulation has been restricted so I give it a bit of a rub or massage.
Community Veteran

No it's proper ear ache down inside the ear. It's also been upsetting my jaw too  Cry
kdoug007
Grafter

i  can only  repeat  what  shutter  said...
  go  to your  doctor , thats  what there  there  for..
he/she  will  know  the  problem immediatly.
  no point  suffering...
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite
No it's proper ear ache down inside the ear. It's also been upsetting my jaw too  Cry

Exactly my symptoms...... get on down t` docs asap... !  you may look like this  Cry now...... but in a couple of days time you will look like this  Smiley  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Not much hope for the docs I'm afraid.. You can only make an appointment in the morning (missed that today) Wednesdays they're shut oh and I still can't drive or walk properly to get there!  Roll eyes
Good job I've got some ibuprofen!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Sprite

Good job I've got some ibuprofen!

Well, don`t put them in your ear !  Roll eyes