cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU - where the money goes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

EU - where the money goes

I've just come across this link: http://ec.europa.eu/budget/figures/interactive/index_en.cfm
It's produced by the EU and shows income/expenditure. by country. It seems most of what we get back from the EU is agricultural payments. We could do that ourselves and increase the farmer funding if we were outside the EU.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
7 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro

Re: EU - where the money goes

I was under the impression that the CAP rebate was done away with when Tony Blair gave it up some years ago despite France keeping it
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

Do I read that link correctly? at a cost of  € 17bn,  the UK receives € 6.8bn of benefit.
Community Veteran

I think our Government should claim from the EU for all the money we printed to rescue the banks and keep out of recession.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
Do I read that link correctly? at a cost of  € 17bn,  the UK receives € 6.8bn of benefit.

Expenditure, not benefit.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Where the money goes ?
Anyone's guess as it has never been signed off by the auditors for years, be interested to know what was the last year the auditors signed it off, if indeed they ever did.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

To rub salt into the wound http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article4252690.ece - paywalled
The UK’s net contribution to the European Union has almost doubled to more than £8 billion a year over the past five years, new analysis reveals.
The figures are a fresh blow to David Cameron, who is still reeling after being hit with a £1.7 billion top-up bill from the EU last week, and immediately provoked calls from Tory MPs for a major overhaul of how Britain’s payments are calculated.
Analysis of data from the Treasury, EU and Office for Budget Responsibility shows that last year Britain paid over £8.5 billion more into the EU than it received back in the form of EU subsidies and rebate funds, a figure that has risen by £4 billion since 2007.
nanotm
Pro

funny how they say it doubled in the last 5 years then mention in the article that its the figures from 2007, then completely failing to mention that only 2 years of that hike in price period were during the current parliament, yet more bad reporting from a formerly half decent rag
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you