cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOD?

sixpence
Grafter

EOD?

Forgive my ignorance.But, what is the purpose of the staff writing about their day at work?
Which appears to be so much gibberish.
I would have thought employees would want to be off home, or are they under employed during the day.
It seems as bad as radio stations encouraging people to phone in or send emails from work, when they are supposed to be working for their pay.
Gee I've forgotten what my sign off name is now..
Must say , I like the spell check.
Good morning.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: EOD?

In the days gone by, when all was F9 (or Force 9) EOD reports were given so that the customers could see what the main issues were in relation to faults, billing, etc etc
I personally don't think they are gibberish at all, that is, unless you need a sense of humour injection  Cheesy It was rejuvinated at the request of many customers here.
Take a look here for background on Force 9 and then here to see some alternative EOD reports.
To quote the omnipotent one, "Peace be with you", Sixpence

Emma
Grafter

it also shows that there are normal people running the show behind the scenes. If you find you've found you've spoken to someone at plusnet towers and you see their name on the EOD you can think back to the time you spoke to them. For me personally its nice to see all my friends chatting about their days.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Emma
it also shows that there are normal people running the show behind the scenes.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Being a regular reader of the EODs I'm not sure 'normal' is the adjective I'd of used!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gswindale
Grafter

It may seem like gibberish to some, but for those of us who are paying good money for a service, it is nice to know what is going on with the money we're spending.
N/A

I don't read every EOD report but when I have read them often there are valuable bits of information that can be picked up. This can be useful to refer to when other forum users have problems or queries. Also, it gives us an insight into what is going on at Plusnet - highly unusual in large organisations in general.
Long may it last.
jmd
Grafter

I enjoy finding out what they do all day at Plusnet................... and as someone said it is good to know who is who when you phone/raise ticket.
Emma
Grafter

i can confirm that the vast majority of the plusnetters are normal!!  Cheesy
N/A

chemicalbrother - thank you for the link to the old Force9 EOD's - they are amusing and very well done.
As a Star Trek fan I loved the Captain's Log Stardate 161299 (obviously the composer knows his SciFi).
"These are the continuing adventures of the USS Force9, her continuing
mission to seek out new wires and new connections, to boldly go where
no ISP has gone before".  Sadly, not strictly true now as it's all Plusnet.   Cry   Sad
Maybe we should have a protest - bring back Force9!  
Fixes: 47

Those EODs are brilliant  Grin Grin Grin...Jeremy Clarkson Cheesy Grin Grin
Oh and a very big thank you to sixpence for starting this thread. Smiley
also to Chemical Brother for showing us the way Cool
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

It's all part of the open, accountable, human ethos of this ISP, sixpence. No other ISP that I've encountered, personally or on behalf of people who I've given a techy hand to, comes anywhere close. If you look on the uk.telecom.broadband newsgroup, you'll see that Plusnet make regular contributions there too.
So hang in there - it might all start to become more comprehensible.  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

I'm glad I was of service..  Grin  perhaps I will have to write the next Moderators EOD (Barry wrote the first, I wrote the second) with something equally as amusing.
Can't ask Dan to write it as he might end up locking some poor unsuspecting punter's thread..
Anyway, back to the thread..
Fixes: 47

I suppose it's possible, reading EODs to get the impression that life at Plusnet is one long party Undecided
But reading between the lines there is a lot of hard work going on, much of which is reflected in Forum posts.
Reading the EODs, the forums and visiting Plusnet shows it to be a great place to work and at the same time staffed by experienced, hard working and dedicated people totally committed to serving us, their customers. This philosophy ensures the survival and growth of the company and the implied trivialising of an important communication medium, the End of Day reports reflects the ethos of the company as a dedicated but human and totally approachable service. 
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
sixpence
Grafter

Thank you everybody,
I must admit that I'm to long in the tooth(that is to thick) to understand most of what goes on.
I must admit it was the first  time I had come across the EOD section?
Gee I'm repeating my self.
Do like the spell check.
Happy Christmas folks,
sixpence.
Community Veteran

Happy Christmas to you too.
I hope you get the sixpence from the Christmas pud