cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDF Live Chat

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

EDF Live Chat

EDF Live Chat.... has anyone had any success in using this facility?
  Every time I have tried it, it comes back with "Advisors Busy"... I even tried it at about 0800, and still got the same NEGATIVE RESPONSE.. in other words... it seems like, ..... maybe.... perhaps... they haven`t really got a "Live Chat" facility anymore... and don`t want to remove it from the "Contact Us" page, as it would not look good....

SSE used to have this facility, ... then it stopped working because it was not compatible with anything later than IE 4.... when I queried this, with SSE, they said they expected it to be alive again within about 9 months... however 2.5 years later , it has gone completely.... despite regular "complaints" of it not being available, and still getting same kind of response, that they were working on it..... give us some time.... ( Where have I heard that before) ?

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: EDF Live Chat

Well, it is Électricité de France, wouldn't expect them to be proactive in helping their customers, get yourself on Ovo Energy, they're like the Plusnet of the energy companies, British, UK call centres, and actually talk to their customers...  Grin
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They try hard to help, but Scottish Power's Customer Service email replies are barely intelligible
Fixes: 124

I'm not with EDF or Scottish Power but have used Live Chat with several other companies. I like the fact that all the one's I have used (do they all?) allow you to have an email of the conversation sent as a record of what was discussed.
There are still times, though, that verbal communication is better when trying to deal with complicated issues.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still