cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E'on

Steve
Pro

E'on

Anyone here using them? I got stopped In Tesco today and got told how much I could save switching to them, Currently I am with Scottish Hydro Electric and cant grumble but If this company E'on Is good I may just go back down to Tesco before this chap heads back down to Mussleborough and sign up with them, I use PAYG meters at the moment.
31 REPLIES
N/A

Re: E'on

Not sure that they are good or bad TBH.  However, one minus point is that they did blow up Tinsley Towers so I am not going to be forgiving them for that in a hurry!  Sad
We have used the company for years as we were on Powergen Staywarm which they inherited.  The price per month has gone up and up (usually £20 to £25 per month) so we often think about coming off but to go back on the meter might be worse so we stick with it.  At least we don't have to worry about what we use.
What annoys me is that when we complain about the cost (which we do every year) they say that we are using a lot of gas or electricity (one or the other) but when we took on Staywarm we were supposed to be able to use what we want without penalty so I think that they have changed the rules because they want to get old folk off the scheme.
Comparing one company with the other seems a bit complicated even when you use USwitch so do your sums carefully and you might save a bob or two.  Even better, wear extra pullovers!  Wink
hadden
Grafter

I use E.ON  and find them straightforward to deal with. They have automatically adjusted my direct debit value up or down a few times to keep it near realistic and have accepted when I've requested a change in the direct debit value a couple of times as well. Their website is also easy and quick to use to lookup bills and monitor consumption.
However, I used to switch every couple of years and based my decision solely on price, so I would suggest you go to one of the comparison websites, armed with your monthly or annual usage figures and take the cheapest from there.
jmd
Grafter

I use E.on - I was stopped just over a year ago too in Tesco.  They were cheaper, and then the fixed price period came to end but they were very good they sent me a email telling me which price tarriff would be best for me rather than going automatically onto the standard price.  This has meant from next month my monthly payment will go down by £10 a month which as they say every little helps [mind you if we have a bad winter will probably rise again!].  I also get a discount for doing the account on-line - they send email telling you when to check statement. I find them helpful when I have had to phone too.
I am also waiting to receive a energy monitor thingy so that I can check what I am using and they provide that free.
Steve
Pro

Yes the bloke told me about the monitor thingy, Also that there's trials taking place at the moment for people on PAYG that soon you will be able to top-up your key via your PC, USB without having to leave your house.
nadger
Rising Star

Been with them for years due to various takeovers dating back to Eastern Electricity.
Currently on E.ON FixOnline 3
Not had any problems with them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I am with them, been with them for just over a year, price is the best I could find (I switch tariffs regularly via the web site) I had issues when transferring to them  (My elec. was £150 units over actual use) but they sorted it out quickly.
(I pay monthly for best price)
Community Veteran

I'm with EON and find them a good company.  Check your facts before switching - they won't like you changing your mind too often Cheesy Wink
No utility company has a standing charge now so you simply need to look at their cost per unit and compare to other suppliers.  My rates with EON are;
Gas - Primary units 5.975p/kWh  Secondary units 3.093p/kWh
Electricity Primary units 16.81p/kWh  Secondary units 11.82kWh
In addition, on my tariff I get a rebate on gas when the temperature drops to 0c or lower.  Not very big but I got about 28 pounds back on my winter account.
Steve
Pro

Thanks for the reply's Its good to have some customer feedback before I decide anything and In the meantime I think I'm just going to stay put for now. Thanks again.
nadger
Rising Star

Had email from them at 10.30 this morning requesting meter reading. I supplied it and bill is already on their website - that's quick  Smiley
Community Veteran

They still call to read my meters.  I must look into seeing if I can supply my own readings.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Don't know anything about e'on but am inclined to think many companies offer you a cheap deal the first year but after that you would be better changing.
Having said that I am with the same company (Scottish Power) for the past 3 years. No problems with them but so many deals are around in each company you can not always be certain you are on the best package.
Switching suppliers can also come with problems.
nadger
Rising Star

Unless it's really convenient I tell the reader that I've already done it on line and they wander off muttering.
I did allow the chap in about 3 months ago as it was about 2 years since my readings were checked. We all know that they also want to make sure you've not bypassed the meter - don't think a magnet will slow down the latest digital meters  Wink
I switched our British Gas account to their Energy Smart to get rid of rude meter readers who said that they had to read meter to make sure we weren't fiddling.
Our gas meter is in our detached garage and it means going down front steps, up the driveway and moving wheeled bins to open up and over door. I might feel sorry for the chap standing there in the rain but not that sorry.
jmd
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
Don't know anything about e'on but am inclined to think many companies offer you a cheap deal the first year but after that you would be better changing.

I was impressed by the fact that E.on told me that the cheaper tarriff I was on came to end 1/9 and would become standard rate but if I wished I could go online and change myself to a another cheap rate which is lower than what I had been previously on!  So that was good customer service I feel.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

They insulated my loft for me, free of charge.  Smiley
Also they periodically give away small items to reduce energy consumption.