cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-cigarettes Trial

Fixes: 47

E-cigarettes Trial

I don't use an E-cigarette having stopped smoking over40 years ago but this seems an interesting development for smokers.
Australia could become the first major nation to outlaw smoking, with a federal government-funded trial about to test the viability of electronic cigarettes as a safer, permanent replacement for tobacco.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/ban-considered-as-trial-tests-if-vapour-safer-20130914-2trj1.h...
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
9 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: E-cigarettes Trial

Thay should outlaw electronic cigarettes as well
Fixes: 125

SWMBO started using an e-cig a couple of years ago but since she ran out of juice she hasn't bothered to buy any more and has gone back to the usual kind.
I wish she'd go back to the e-cig because at least the vapour didn't linger and wasn't obnoxious smelling.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Razer
Grafter

Wow, what a good way to create a black market in tobacco.
@MC. Why?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Because it uses nicotine, and who knows how much nicotine is in the nicotine liquid, you do know pure nicotine kills don't you?
nadger
Rising Star

I stopped smoking over 25 years ago but SWMBO continued to smoke  Cry
Got her some E-Lites over a year ago and at least she no longer smokes in the car  Smiley
I think it's accepted that electronic cigarettes aren't as harmful as real ones and are certainly less offensive to others - got ones with green light in the end so obviously electronic.
Just stayed for 4 nights at Premier Inn near Huddersfield. Like all hotels smoking is banned and reception told us that one could use electronic cigs in ones room ( how would they know  Wink) but not in public places.
Price is another factor not that we buy cigs or tobacco at UK prices.

Community Veteran

Saw a pack in Tesco's the other day. It said something like 'OK for 400 puffs'!
Can you imagine that? 400 guys all sharing the same 'efag'!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
nadger
Rising Star

Did it say " Approved by Stonewall"  Roll eyes
sarahjmack01
Dabbler

I have been using e-cigs for 18 months and purchase all my supplies from a reputable company based in the UK.  I also mix my own e-liquids to my preferred taste and strength.
Midnight Caller's comment about pure nicotine killing you is true, however the highest nicotine strength that can be sold in the UK is 7.2%.  The highest recommended vaping strength is 3.6% - this is very strong and I have tried it.  After 2 puffs, I felt very sick and lightheaded.  Needless to say, I have not vaped this strength again lol,  Currently, I mix at 1.5%.
You also have to remember, that nicotine is naturally occurring in potatoes and tomatoes, and many other foods we eat on a daily basis.
There are many cheap imported ecigs with cheap liquid - these are the ones you have to beware of as you have no idea of what is in the liquid.  You also have to ignore it when they say each ecig is equivalent to 400 puffs or 20 cigarettes - when I got my very first ecig, one cartridge lasted me an hour and was supposed to be equivalent to 20 cigs!!!!
I now use a set up which includes a 3.5ml tank with a replaceable coil - so much cheaper than buying crappy cartridges. 
On average, I spend roughly £20 a month on vaping supplies compared to £70 when I was smoking roll-ups. Oh, and my health is much better - no more coughing in the morning and struggling to get up stairs etc.
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: Midnight
Because it uses nicotine, and who knows how much nicotine is in the nicotine liquid, you do know pure nicotine kills don't you?

Of course I know. You do know alcohol is a poison, don't you? Shall we ban all consumables that contain alcohol? (Actually I'd personally like to see such a thing but I know that prohibition only creates a black market because people like their poisons.) Anyway, so what if it contains nicotine? If people want to kill themselves by the use of it, very slowly, let them.