Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Bay Scammers

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

E Bay Scammers

The old saying...

If it looks too good to be true,...... it probably is...

Seeing a thread about dash cams, thought I would look on ebay...  BUY IT NOW   Lowest price P&P  brings up this item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7-HD-1080P-In-Car-DVR-Vehicle-Camera-Dash-Cam-Recorder-G-Sensor-Night-Vi...

Here is the sellers profile..

Based in United Kingdom, edgerlyagrgruwsy_0 has been an eBay member since 25 Apr, 2017

OOoops only been on since yesterday  ? ?   no feedback score   ?Huh

Looks like he/she has already had 13 "suckers"..

Condition:
New

Time left:
Time left: 28d 18h (25 May, 2017 10:55:44 BST)

Condition:
New

Time left:
Time left: 28d 18h (25 May, 2017 10:55:44 BST)

More than 10 available 13 sold

8 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: E Bay Scammers

TBH i never use Ebay

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

21 sold now with the help of your advertising Grin
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Community Veteran

I've been buying and selling on ebay for well over a decade - laptops mobiles - no problem.

On scammers, well you have to ask yourself who's scamming who? The only people who fall for this are greedy and basically think they are scamming the seller at that price.

To see really good ones just do a simple search at the weekend (favourite lax time) for something expensive like the latest iphone or Samsung Galaxy. Then ask yourself if you pressed the £50 buy it now button would you really expect to see it? Another favourite is the good spec Chinese android phone. Practically every weekend dozens expect to get one at under a tenner with free delivery. Are they that deluded, they've convinced themselves that because it's a Chinese brand that explains the low price?

I don't know which is the most shocking. The scammers or the crazies that genuinely seem to expect something for next to nothing.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

You can get some bargains on the auction side of ebay.  "Buy it now" rather defeats the original purpose.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't use ebay but when I last looked (many years ago) there were London Underground maps for sale.  No, not the large posters but the ones you can pick up free at any station or tourist information centre.  The asking price was 99p.

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

Would any stations/tourist information centres outwith the London area also stock these for free?

I would say it could be quite handy for someone planning a trip to London.

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Here is a free one.... (well it will cost you some paper and ink! ! )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/travel/downloads/tube_map.html

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm pretty sure London Underground would happily send one if you were to call them using your free minutes.  Overseas travel agents might also have some available.  Some people collect them since the covers/front pages are sometimes designed by famous designers.