Dying for a fag..

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Dying for a fag..

38 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Dying for a flag..

Because the baby boomers are more important as voters to the government than our younger generations who are expected to sacrifice themselves and slog to the bone to keep the old timers alive.
Thats why.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

At 77 she isn't a baby boomer!  Sad
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran

Ok those who gave birth to the boomers.
Either way the government prefer old people to young. The young are only here to serve as economic slaves.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

And it's no good giving Gran in an oxygen mask an e-cigarette instead.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603975/OAP-engulfed-flames-seriously-burned-e-cigarette-ign...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Still confused by the title of this thread  Huh
Community Veteran

Title should be.." Dying for a fag"...auto correct on phone, but not going to blame phone. I didn't read title before posting, just the main text. Lazy me.
Sorry about confusion. Don't know if I can edit title after posting. Shocked
Community Veteran

I was expecting to read about a suicide protester.  Huh
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@doris barloff, You will need to ask a moderator to change the title of the thread, you could have but you have ran out of time.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

actually haven't but I have fixed it anyway
Community Veteran

Re: Dying for a fag..

An addiction can be a terrible thing.
Fixes: 47

Don't I know it Sad
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I find it shocking just how many people in the older generations are addicted to fags. You can always pick out women who smoke as they have a growly deeper voice than most women and tend to cough and splutter a fair bit too. Despite the coughing and spluttering they still can't get through the day without a couple of boxes of fags. Why?
What is so wonderful about breathing in smoke knowing it's gradually killing you? More to the point why would you continue doing it when you know your lungs are damaged?
Fixes: 125

My dad started smoking when he was 14 and back then (1930's) it was actively encouraged.
During the second world war he was in a reserved occupation which also meant he was not allowed to leave his machine (he made bullets) when the air-raid sirens sounded until the bombers were actually overhead. Smoking helped keep calm heads in such adversity so no surprises that he was addicted to a 40-a-day habit in his later life. Although we didn't like his habit we respected his wish to do so and let him be.
In his eighties during routine follow-up tests after surgery the nurses frequently berated him for his smoking but it was a doctor who actually suggested it would cause him more suffering to give up then any potential health risk.
At age 90 he suddenly fell in and was bed-ridden. At this point he couldn't smoke as he respected mum's wishes never to smoke in the bedroom and, of course, when in hospital he wasn't allowed to smoke although we did take him outside in his wheel chair for the odd crafty one as it was the only pleasure he had left. He passed away later that year aged 90 of non-smoking related illnesses.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: 7up
Ok those who gave birth to the boomers.
Either way the government prefer old people to young. The young are only here to serve as economic slaves.
Cobblers.