cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duracell Batteries

Fixes: 125

Duracell Batteries

We need to buy a fair number of batteries to last our holiday (not rechargable).
Found Battery Force who's prices seem reasonable and free delivery to boot.
Has anyone had any dealings with this company or can recommend another?
Amazon is a little cheaper until delivery of almost £8 is added.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

26 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Duracell Batteries

You can sometimes get a deal from this company:
Batteries
Community Veteran

Also check out the Duracell Procell range which is bulk packaged - I've used them now for a couple of years and they seem as good as the normal Duracell.
Costco also do some good deals on Duracell from time to time.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Worthwhile doing a google on "Fake Duracell Batteries"....  Shocked
here is one result...
http://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/106/
and a link on that page to "find a GENUINE Duracell Dealer Near You
http://thecounterfeitreport.com/provider/1011/Duracell
Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Just curious Mav, why not rechargeable with an in-car charger?

Orders from SWMBO  Cheesy Wink
@picbits Found these in my searches last night. May give them a whirl.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran

Mav - I've just downloaded the datasheets from the RS website  for the Duracell Plus and the Duracell Procell and they are almost identical. They have the same capacity, same discharge curves, same weight - I would put money on that the Procell just have a different outer casing.
Gives you a good benchmark to compare prices. You'll also find less fake Procells as they aren't as appealing for the general public to purchase (people tend to be set in their ways and think that Duracell are the best battery in the world .....)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you do consider re-chargeable, these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009WKMT44/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ARE expensive to buy, but they will save you money in the long run. And will charge from a car charger.
Per charge they last far longer than any non-rechargeable I've ever used. Virtually no drop off when stored in or out of an appliance. I've had a set in my Pentax DSLR for over six months (forgot to remove and store them) and the camera is still reporting them as fully charged, you won't get that with any other standard rechargeable, most that I've ever used give up after a week of non-use.
I purchased 8 of them, probably the best battery move I ever made. Saved a fortune in throw-aways.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

@picbits Thanks for that info.
@Petlew Shame as they are currently unavailable so can't compare prices. About to go out so will search later for another supplier.
Also I am attempting to 'discuss' re-chargables with SWMBO. Dearer in the short-term cheaper in the long-term Smiley
Being able to charge in both car and home would be a bonus but I have noticed that some batteries state 'Suitable for car charging'! So what is different about these that make then suitable? Surely, if they are rechargable then how does it matter whether it's from a suitable car charger or home charger? On that note anyone recommend a good in-car charger; some of my searches have come up with chargers for car batteries? Grin
Another question,.. how important is the mAh figure? Does that affect time to charge, how long it keeps the charge for or what?
The batteries are to be used for a DSLR, mouse, as well as an LED Video light.
Appreciate all the help Smiley
Oh, holiday doesn't start till 5th May so got time to order Smiley

Fixes: 47

I've used these for some time now.
One of the highest capacity AA batteries I have come across and no problems so far.
They also do AAA batteries
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation

@Petlew These look that same but only 4 and no case.
Everywhere where else was out of stock or unavailable for your actual suggestion Sad
@strat Thanks. Even cheaper Wink Cool

Fixes: 47

In car charger.
Or a cheaper one.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The mAh figure of  ( say ) 2400 will last 3 x longer than 800.  they do take longer to charge, but that is  pro rata... i.e. the higher the mAh figure the longer they need to charge and the longer they last before needing to be recharged.
For my camera I have two sets of re-chargable batteries... and also carry a spare non charging set,  just incase I can`t get a charger working... ..of course, you can always ( if they are open and close by) go to a shop and buy a cheap chuckaway set...
I do have a car charger, but can`t remember where I got it from.... I think it was from a market stall in Ripon, or somewhere.... didn`t cost the earth, but worked... !
Never seen "suitable for car charger" on battery packs.! (possibly a sign of fake batts of lower mAh than on the outer skin....
RichardB
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi
If its AA battreris you need checkout http://www.batteryshowdown.com/ it has some very interesting results!
I can vouch for the Poundland Kodak xtralife I bought after finding that site.
Richard
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Talking of rechargeable batteries, the other factor is the charger itself.
The faster the charger the more expensive they appear to be but I wonder if this is at the expense of the battery life ?