cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Posts, and "similar posts" and "off topic" posts

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Duplicate Posts, and "similar posts" and "off topic" posts

Yeah, Right... we have this new format forum... and it takes a bit of "getting used to" in the way we use it, compared to the old one... well, that is, I suppose, understandable... a bit like getting into a new car, and finding where all the "useful" switches and knobs are whilst you are driving it.....

However, it has come to my notice, that there are many "duplicate" posts on here, and in the "tech"  board, that could/should have been merged ( why did the word "muredered" come to mind just then ?  ? ? ?  )   in particular there are a lot of threads that have gone way "off topic"  across the boards, that the original reason for the OP to post has got completely lost and the thread has taken another direction and become a "similar post".   It then gets confusing, because people like "Anotherone" who wants to help, is jumping about the forum, saying the same thing many times. 

The "grey matter"  .and "white space" .. well, it has been brought up in several threads, and, I have mentioned the "stylish" addon to remove the white space, in a couple of replies on different threads, and started a separate one to cover the Stylish solution...

On the old forum, the mods were pretty quick to spot these "anomolies" and deal with them, but it seems to have got out of control on this new forum .....

Note... Posted in "BOLD" to alleviate the problem of grey text, ( hopefully ).. Huh

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Duplicate Posts, and "similar posts" and "off topic" posts

@shutter good idea post in bold!Smiley 

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

@shutter

I hate your use of bold text as it is just like shouting Police

Community Veteran

No, Jim... I`m just being bold !

Grin THIS IS SHOUTING  ! Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Regarding the duplicate posts there are now three threads regarding the accountability of ISPs across 2 topics! Does this mean no one is paying attention, or that the other or one of the other posts isn't quite right for them to post in.

Community Veteran

Thanks, Mook, for bringing this thread back on topic... it was beginning to "drift" a bit Roll eyes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

checking - there are no mods on duty

did anyone use the report to mod to flag it up

As an aside - when I was a mod I used the Unread Posts option which flagged up things like that as it was all, or mostly all, on one page. With the new - only 10 items per page - forum that is much more difficult and I am just very happy that I am no longer a mod having to cope with it

Community Veteran

Yes, Jim... I did a "report to mod" just before I posted this thread... ( was reagarding the  two posts about broadband and M.P.s