cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Order (Honesty)

Fixes: 47

Duplicate Order (Honesty)

A few weeks ago I ordered an item off Amazon (market  place seller).
I received my £18 order and was happy with it.
A couple of days later I received another package, same item, same order number.
I contacted the seller and explained the situation.
She emailed me back in the afternoon and said I could keep the duplicated item.
The point to this story is that a couple of people I told were visibly shocked that I told the seller of their mistake.
I'm naturally honest, many say to my disadvantage but that's how I was brought up.
Today it seems honesty has to be a one way thing meaning people expect to be treated honestly but feel it a weakness treat others honestly.
Even posts in this forum illustrating the point.
I can't change the way I am now.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
40 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Duplicate Order (Honesty)

I would be inclined to do the same thing..... so you are not alone...
( Us old people should stick together  Cheesy )
Fixes: 125

Yep. Me, too.
I'd be first in line to complain about over-charging, short-changing and so forth so would also have contacted to say I had received the duplicate item in error.
Honesty IS the best policy and does get rewarded Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

I have had orders not received and readily contact Amazon for a refund or replacement.
I expect Amazon to be honest with me and provide a refund or replacement so I treat them likewise.
'Do to others as you would have others do unto you'.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yup, me too!
I don't take advantage of others' mistakes.
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'd also do exactly as you did Strat, honesty works both ways.  I've had items not arrive on time, contaced seller and had another sent then had the original as well as the replacement arrive, since the seller has ben good enough to send a replacement it's only fair that I advise them that the original was received, they usually tell me to keep both (typically low cost items) I always remember these sellers and would recommended  or use them again.
Despite what we always hear, I think most people are still honest, it's up to us all to keep it this way.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Reminded me of the time I bought a small item from a seller on ebay but instead received a fancy electric guitar in an equally fancy leather case.

Are you just stringing us along  Wink Grin

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Probably struck a chord with him, and now he is making a concert ed effort to orchestrate a diversion from the o.p.  Cheesy

Oh, Ok - I'll try not to fret about it  Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Seems we have some very honest folk on the forum, so the question to all  these honest folk is this, what would you do if you found a five pound note on the street and no one else was about who could possibly have dropped it ?
TORPC
Grafter

Look for some cat gut attached to it, with a prankster at the other end, waiting for you to bend down to pick it up, then pull the £5 note away just out of reach from you Tongue
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Ive had 2 items from amazon duplicated in the past and ive said nothing and kept them, and never been charged any extra! That's amazons error not mine I hope they make more of these errors soon as im thinking of getting a new gfx card Smiley
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
TORPC
Grafter

Those that are dishonest, should be ashamed of themselves
As you say others have made an HONEST mistake, yet there are those like Strat  / Shutter / Myself & many other, that will bring it to the sellers attention, & get rewarded for their honesty
Then there are those that think just because a seller made an HONEST mistake, it is theirs for the taking, without informing the seller of their HONEST mistake (Thieving off the seller & it is illegal)
That said I bet those that DO NOT / WILL NOT inform a seller of their HONEST mistake, would be the 1st to notice a penny mistake in the shops favour of their spare change & shout the loudest ?Huh
Community Veteran

Quote from: St3
Ive had 2 items from amazon duplicated in the past and ive said nothing and kept them, and never been charged any extra! That's amazons error not mine I hope they make more of these errors soon as im thinking of getting a new gfx card Smiley

And that's why others have to pay more for their goods. Bet you'd be the first to shout if it happened in reverse.