cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunking

N/A

Dunking

Here is my first poll, courtesy of sweet00 and linked up to Barry's.
Can't seem to add it in to his post so if it can be linked, so much the better.
I did wonder if I should put it something like 'Do you have your own teeth?' as dunking has traditionally been linked with poorly fitting dentures!  Grin
I have a particular interest in knowing which biscuits people enjoy and find best for dunking.
14 REPLIES
sweet00
Dabbler

Re: Dunking

i would love to answer your poll but im not a big fan of biscuits but i do remember loving dunking my ginger nuts in my grannys coffee when i was a wee boy they would have to be the best i can remember just now but i usualy think of somthing better after a wee bit so i might get back to you with another great memory of my dunking days
Community Veteran

I don't often dunk my biscuits , but I have been in the Royal Navy ( Gosport ) and Robert Gordon (Aberdeen ) Dunkers

Not sure whose one this ?

198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

No dentures, but always been 100% dunker. Favourites are ginger nuts and Nice - you have to be fast with the latter!  Smiley
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

rich tea and ginger bikkies.  always have, teeth, or lack thereof notwithstanding.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Plain chocolate Digestives don't dunk well, nor do Jammy Dogers. But I dunk most other things, and leave the soggy mass in the bottom of the mug for the washing up.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

I am a true dunker, no matter what the type of biscuit. I do agree about Nice - am quite partial to these and you have to dunk very very quickly - it is quite a skill.
Chocolate digestives are a difficult one - I think that the drink has to be just that bit cooler.
Gingers are good dunkers IMO and the process does spare the fillings.
Interesting to see that so far most people are not actual confirmed dunkers.
Fixes: 47

My 3 year old Grandson often dunks in my tea but has yet to perfect his timing Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Tyreal74
Grafter

dunk depending on the buscuit
James
Grafter

I've never been a dunker personally.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I sometimes dunk,im a huge dunker when it comes to dunking my mates avatars on the xbox 360 though!!does that count? Grin
Best way to eat a penguin biscuit is to nibble of a corner on one end and nibble the opposite corner on the other end,then sook your tea or coffee through the penguin and then pop the biscuit in your mouth and it all just melts,my girlfriend showed me this and since then penguins have never been so much fun,and very tasty,honest try it,you will love it!!
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

^^ THIS!
Also try it with a twix finger. Winner.
Fixes: 125

Rich Tea in tea and digestives in coffee.
I also liked to dunk a bar of Dairy Milk in my coffee - lovely, jubbley Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Remember those sponge fingers that are often used in trifles and the like? I had an ex-girlfriend who used to like to dunk those in her tea -she had some other strange habits as well but, I'll spare you that-
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
scootie
Grafter

I have to protect my cupa tea from my GF she has a habbit of dunking toast YES TOAST in cups of tea and as she drinks coffee and me tea so i end up with the crumbs  Angry
insert a funny roy chubby brown joke here  Tongue