cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dumb Thief

Fixes: 104

Dumb Thief

On the train on the way home (and yes it was the right one Smiley )... someone steals a laptop off a table.
In view of everyone and legs it down the carriage and into the toilet, where he  tries to hide it.
However the next stop was half an hour away.. by which time the police had been summed and were waiting for him...
Really how dumb?
Will Moderate For Thanks
17 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Dumb Thief

they did not keep you in then? Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Was it Government one with a full database of the entire populations bank details? In which case I would be surprised the owner/user noticed it was missing!!
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
scootie
Grafter

i dont know adiewoo what do you get up to in your spare time.
dont worry iam sure a few of us will be happy to be a character witness for you in court Grin
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
However the next stop was half an hour away..

Perhaps he was on the wrong train, and thought then next stop was just a few seconds away.
I'm told its remarkably easy to get on the wrong train. Tongue
Fixes: 104

Now where did you hear that? It takes great skill and cunning  Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Perhaps he was on a train ing exercise from the spy school   Cool   Roll eyes  Roll eyes
Lurker
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
Now where did you hear that? It takes great skill and cunning  Roll eyes

Probably right, that perhaps how I once ended up at Huddersfield rather than Manchester Piccadilly having departed from Leeds.
Amongst the many reasons for not going to Huddersfield (like, for example, I wanted to be in Manchester!) I also nearly bumped into an ex girlfriend, and I ended up sat next to a chap with red hair who I used to go to primary school with.
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.
James
Grafter

James - I ended up in Brigand meaning to go to Leeds from Halifax.
That won't happen again though Tongue
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Brigand? Where's that? Has a spell-checker "corrected" what you typed?
James
Grafter

I couldn't remember how it was spelt Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I managed to miss my stop by a few stops, and ended up at Dartford.
Thankfully my train terminates a few stops on from where I should get off, otherwise I would have been in serious trouble Grin
My sister has managed to get off a stop 20 miles away from her intended destination before.
Community Veteran

I think the only time I've ever gone somewhere I didn't intend to on a train was when I got on a Jubilee Line train at Green Park and it was going in the wrong direction - I was quite new to using the station so hadn't quite remembered correctly which platform served trains in which direction, and there was a train at the platform I thought I needed so I ran for it without checking. Alas, it was the wrong platform. Sad
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I only overshot my station once when during the Christmas period the train leaving at the usual time to the usual destination decided not to make the usual stops.
A couple of times I have got off one station too soon having lost track through reading and with the station signs obscured during bad weather. I only discovered my error when I noticed that the steps to exit the platform were in the wrong place.
MrC
Grafter

Quote from: Alex
My sister has managed to get off a stop 20 miles away from her intended destination before.

People missing their stops is a pretty common occurrence, especially on a Friday evening coming out of London when they've had a few drinks in the pub beforehand. As our last stop is Weymouth I do feel a bit for people who come stumbling up bleary-eyed asking when the next train back to Winchester is. Especially when they've missed the last one back..... Undecided
Mike