cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duchess of Sussex

Community Veteran
Fixes: 29

Duchess of Sussex

Is the press being "disrespectul" by referring to her, using her "single" name.... Megan Markle ?

14 REPLIES 14
Community Veteran
Fixes: 45

Re: Duchess of Sussex

I'd say, yes, as they know full well her married name (and title), so anything else is just having a dig.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Don't see the problem m'self and sure it might be having a bit of a dig, but then what does she expect after recent antics.   

How about removing HRH Duchess of Sussex which after all is just a stage name beloved of her 'luvvie' buddies back in movie land. 

Along with he of the Ginger beard and fellow hypocrite, this pair need to be careful of what tigers they grab by the tail, and their recent attack on the press given the couples stand on media freedom and it being "the cornerstone of democracy" must be leaving many open mouthed as they then sue one of the papers... even if it is the Mail of Sunday.

A detestable example of double standards at taxpayers expense all of whom have to be so careful not to offend by not stating the obvious - and who gives a rats backside?

Not me that's for sure.

*wheels out tumbrel ready for a one way trip to the guillotine*

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 6

Disrespectful a definite yes, amd meant to be, I'm going to do a Naga and say the disrespect emerged from the recist elements in our press e.g. The Daily Excreta, snobs who think 'actress' is another word for 'working girl'. and anti americanism.

Whatever anyone thinks of Harry's choice, it was his as an adult and we should treat it as we would hope would be the treatment of ours.

As to their so called antics, it's too easy to be critical, when one is not in the same need of, for instance, of secure transport.

Frogmore Cottage is weaponized by the Trollery, as if the renovations were purel for the couple's benefit, but it is part of an historic royal residence, almost derelict and in great need of renovation.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minesapint
Pro

I thought actresses still used their stage name as well as their married name?

I have a vast indifference to it all though to be honest. The fascination with "celebrity" at all levels from people who have happened to appear on reality TV, to the Royal Family, totally passes me by mostly.

I'm not a republican, and I actually think that having an unelected heriditary  position as Head of State is better than the alternatives. (President Corbyn anyone?)

But the seemingly endless numbers of Dukes, Duchesses, Honourables, and for all I know "Duke of Earls" who seem to mostly be professional hand shakers and flyers around the world, could, for me, like the rest of us make their own way in life.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 45

Duch of the terrace never grew up
I hope she never will
Broken-down TV sits in the corner
Pictures standing still
Standing still
Duch of the terrace knows all her heritage
Says she's Henry's kid
Knows all her history in the family
Needs a man, god forbid
God forbid
And it sounds like an empty house
Standing still
And it's quieter than a mouse
Standing still
Duch of the terrace never grew up
I hope she never will
Says she's an heiress, sits in her terrace
Says she's got time to kill
Time to kill
And the Rodneys are queuing up
God forbid
And they all want to win the cup
God forbid
Duchess, duchess
Duchess, duchess
Duchess, duchess
God forbid
God forbid
God forbid

Songwriters: Hugh Alan Cornwell / David Greenfield / Brian John Duffy / Jean Jacques Burnel
Duchess lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
Community Veteran

I just seen another press article, that refers to Kate Middleton.....

so ... equal disrespect ....

Actresses live in a world of "make believe" and keeping their own name, either for personal or professional reasons, is a way of ensuring they remember who they really are... they are not under discussion for this thread.

Either one, Megan or Kate.. could possibly become the next Queen of England.... and being married to a Royal Personage, should be accorded the respect accordingly.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@shutter

But Markle is neither earning or deserving of respect, neither is hubby Harry.

Respect for the individual should never ever be given, it should be earned. As an ex serviceman did you salute the man, the rank, or both?

Community Veteran

As an ex-serviceman.... I don`t salute anybody .......

When I was serving in the Royal Navy, I saluted the officers, an 99% of the times, I also respected them...  those I did not respect, (as much )... got the usual underbreath curses, as well as the salute that was due to their rank.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Really?

I'm sure you do not personally and if you say so, but seeing all those ex-service guys in uniform when the occassion demands, those of the upper ranks still keeping them after leaving, plus those attending memorial services many giving salutes, that does surprise me - but then what do I know never having, desiring or wanting to wear a uniform giving carte blanche royal allegiance regardless.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Did you say "cottage"?

Blimey. 

Ten bedrooms, and a renovation (not sure where you got 'derelict' from) costing £2.4m of taxpayers money...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

*shakes head*

wotsup
Champion

Minivan wrote.....

But Markle is neither earning or deserving of respect, neither is hubby Harry.

I agree - and I still think Harry bears an uncanny resemblance to James Hewitt ----

Me-gain on the news tonight with the 'big' eyes bemoaning the pressures of being a Royal and

motherhood, I doubt she plays much part in looking after her son, and as for the privileges

of a princess being a burden - I should cocoa....

Can't remember Kate having such problems,  mind you she isn't an actress by profession,

and seems so much more sensible - hope its a joke that Me-gain could be Queen one day...

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 6

@Minivanman I must have misread something, so delete derelict. It was in need of a deal or renovation and change to make it suitable as a family residence. Much of the cost related to its being part of the Crown Estates, meaning not all of it was for the couple. Therefore much would have occurred anyhow.

OT, but the new monster seems to have devoured the quote post button.

With wrecked smilies, unintelligible emojis, and this I reckon BT is playing games to get us all on its own platform.🃏

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

I have a niece called Meghan and when the family moved down to New Zealand that's almost exactly the way the Kiwis pronounced it. After a few months of it the poor girl got so fed up with it she referred to herself by her middle name and still does.

As for those hypocritical palace parasites I have little time for the whole lot of 'em, but that pair really get on my nipples.

Willie and Kate seem fine... for now. 👍

wotsup
Champion

@Minivanman 

Me-Gain was the name given to her by the staff at Kensington palace who got fed up with her demands and tantrums.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/royal-staff-give-meghan-unflattering-new...