cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual 13 Amp wall sockets with 2 USB charge points available on Amazon at 38% off.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Dual 13 Amp wall sockets with 2 USB charge points available on Amazon at 38% off.

Just what the subject says really.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KO1KDN4
Runs to the 27th of August, but what a great idea.
34 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Dual 13 Amp wall sockets with 2 USB charge points available on Amazon at 38% off.

And why would I want to plug my mouse into a wall socket  ?  Roll eyes  Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Dual 13 Amp wall sockets with 2 USB charge points available on Amazon at 38% off.

Quote from: shutter
Or my camera ?  Shocked

To charge the batteries
Or get them from Screwfix @£13
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I modified that post to remove camera.... 
Basically, because I don`t think my camera supports charging.. but I know a lot do...  Wink
Community Veteran

No, I wouldn't recommend plugging your mouse in that would only end in disaster for the mouse!
As regards the ones from ScrewFix, they're just plain ugly and Amazon's are cheaper.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

There are others available from SF that was just the first I saw.
@shutter, I used to have a mouse dock that charged the battery when the mouse was dropped on it, usb as well. Pretty useless at the time as when the pc was on I was using the mouse and when it was off there was no usb power.
Community Veteran

Thanks for the tip-off Mook - just ordered one!  Cheesy
Already have a similar one in the lounge for charging our iPhones and iPads. This one will go in the bedroom for similar uses.
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

the reviews for them on that particular site don't fill me with much confidence.
talks of usb ports blowing and burning behind the socket.
if i was buying i'd buy mine from screwfix or similar, then at least you know you getting a product conforming to british standards.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Great idea but...
There's an awful lot of reviewers who've had failures. I think if a charge point was going to catch fire (some reviewers have had burning smells) I would rather pull the charger out of the socket rather than rummage around for a screwdriver to get the socket plate off first.
Do MK actually produce similar, then I might consider it.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Personally I don't trust them, integrating USB ports into mains sockets is a bit daft, especially if the electronics are not of decent quality (I.E. "Made in China"), one power surge and pop, you need to replace the whole flippin' socket, whereas with a plug-in charger, if that pops, it's less of a PITA to replace... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If it was a cheap make and damaged your phone, tablet or whatever could this affect any guarantee you had for that item. ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Reading briefly through the online manual for my Samsung Note, the answer to that suggest yes! it would affect the warranty. However the manufacturer would have to prove you were using a third part charger, how easy would that be?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

they could ask to see the charger you were using at the time the damage was caused, and if you handed over the samsung supplied charger they could test to see if it is faulty and caused the problem. if it proved to be working fine then they would then ask you to provide the charger you really used.
Community Veteran

They may also expect that the socket be fitted by a qualified electrician as well. That's got me thinking, so I've cancelled my order.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

So whats wrong with them? Big companies don't normally sell stuff off at big discounts unless there is something wrong with the products.
I bought a double Diall outdoor socket from B&Q last month.. no box, no instructions.. £12.. instead of the £20 that it should have been. That was fair enough - you could see the reason for the mark down however some products have hidden glitches that aren't immediately obvious to the eye.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!