cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drug Dealers

Fixes: 47

Drug Dealers

Two Barnsley men caught pedalling drugs.
At Sheffield Crown Court, Judge Michael Murphy said: “This could only happen in Barnsley. It’s not exactly Miami Vice.”
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Drug Dealers

“Cycling around Barnsley on a tandem past midnight is going to get you stopped.”
Why should it though?
Reminded me of the time when I was sitting on a low wall eating a sandwich at 2am. I watched a police car (remember them) drive by, travel up a hill to nearly out of sight, turn around and then come all the way back to stop in front of me and my friend.
Then it was allo allo  what are you two boys up to here at this time then. Well officer you see the building behind me. I'm working on night shift. Right now I'm quietly eating a sandwich, my dinner.
Oh.
Community Veteran

Just doing their job. Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

"When we said 'on yer bike' we didn't mean literally!"
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

So, this judge.... on the one hand, is ridiculing these miscreants, saying they will never be successful dealing drugs, as they are hopeless, and silly enough to be riding around town on a tandem after midnight, as only Barnsley people do !...
he then goes on, and gives them time to improve their technique, by giving them a couple of years suspended jail sentence...  ? ? ? ?    why not give them the two years to be inside and taught properly how to deal drugs, and get away with it  Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Grin

Many years ago a friend of mine took the flat next door to mine.
Around 11pm we went to his parent's house to collect a few of his belongings including some cups and trophies he had won...these we put in a holdall.
It was a pleasant night so we set off walking the 3 miles to his flat.
We were stopped by a lone policeman in a car and he asked to see inside the bag.
My friend's name was on the trophies but he didn't have any ID on him so we asked if we could have a lift to the flat where he did have ID.
On arrival at the flat we all went to the door which was open as a burglary was in progress at the flat.
One of the two burglars barged past us and took off up the road with the policeman in hot pursuit.
The other one gave in as my friend is 6 feet in every direction and the 5 foot burglar didn't fancy his chances.
Both men were charged.
Sometimes it pays to be stopped by the police.
Community Veteran

An interesting story Strat. Guess the Police were pleased to catch one criminal. Did they get the one that ran?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

even better if you read it all  Grin Grin

Yes, the escapee was caught by the policeman even though the policeman was wearing Wellington boots and the escapee was wearing trainers Huh
The policeman was a scrawny 5' 6" ish, his target was over 6'.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
even better if you read it all  Grin Grin

Oops, missed that last line. Just been on the beach - possibly too much sun Cool
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

or Sangria  Grin
Community Veteran

Wrong country - I'm in the US Smiley Had to visit MacDill  and now on the Gulf Coast Smiley All the Easter vacationers will be leaving later and we'll have the beaches to ourselves.