Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

Re: Drowned Rat

Strewth - I am impressed
Highlighted
Community Veteran

brilliant.  the playhouse is not the only work you've done, is it.  what's the other structure with a deck?  lovely job.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I'm impressed too, nice job.
BTW who told you if you go south there is sun and fun, don't hold your breath
Highlighted
Grafter

Good observation, artficer. Smiley
As well as the playhouse, I moved the greenhouse and laid the paving on that raised platform, I built a set of stone steps from there down to the house level and paved all of that too. I also paved down both sides of the house which involved lifting the original slabs, trenching in armoured cable and rerouting cables and drains. The deck was built to take advantage of the extended period of sun that you get up there. The house shades the lower part of the garden and the bank was difficult to maintain, impossible to sit on and lacked interest. I utilised the space under the deck by enclosing it in timber cladding and inserting a roof below the deck. What you can't see in those pictures is that there's a block wall under the deck that forms the back wall of a sizeable storeroom. This accomodates the wheelie bins in one end and provides ample storage for all sorts of garden tools, bikes and children's toys. I also built all the stone walling, stone steps, timber steps and the connecting, raised walkway.
I broke up the flatness of the bank by contorting the building work into all sorts of strange angles. The step at the door is angled to relate to the front of the deck, which is angled to avoid being parallel to the wall at the foot of the banking. The steps and stairs are all offset from the expected right angles to maintain a flow through the various elements. And now I'm getting all arty-farty on your asses, so I'll stop.
Santiago, I've had one day of sun in the last 3 weeks up here. If I go down to the south coast of England and there's no sun then I'll be as depressed as a gay panda in a breeding program.