Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping like flies

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Dropping like flies

So sad to read this morning about the death of Spencer Davies at the age of 81.

Great memories of a couple of his tracks from the mid 60s, and I never realised until reading about it this morning that he was from Swansea and just how he fitted into the early days of rock and pop with members that went on to do other things just as if not more well known. Funny what you miss when growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamXvqoL_JA

Still with us, but also sad to hear that the actor Jeff Bridges is being treated for a serious illness. One of his great films for me (being the sci-fi nerd that I am) was 'Starman', and I also took the time last night to watch on Netflix that other great of his The Big Lebowski - which has some cracking country music tracks on it. 

Who else here remembers his actor father LLoyd Bridges and 'Sea Hunt' from the late 50s? 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
4 REPLIES 4
Champnet
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Dropping like flies

LLoyd Bridges was great in the Airplane films............

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Champnet 

Never realised that was Lloyd Bridges, but I can see it now. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yes, I liked the airplane series some of the jokes in that you'd have on there I better not post on here.

The one I like is "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking", story of my life. That has happened to me.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

@Minivanman wrote:

So sad to read this morning about the death of Spencer Davies at the age of 81.

Me too. He led one of the best blues/R&B bands in the 60s. They knew how to have a 'powerful' sound without simply turning the volume up to 11.

I'll never forget seeing them in 1966, and the second half opened with "our new single" - Gimme Some Loving. Electrifying!

Support was a local band, whose repertoire comprised largely Spencer Davis Band material. They had a lot of rehearsing of new songs in time for the gig.  😄

A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N